This is a picture of my belly's shadow. My friend Jeanette took a pregnancy photo of herself like this earlier this year and I just couldn't resist when I saw my 'bump' on the fence!
- How far along: 26 weeks
Parker's little profile
- D-Day: My c-section is scheduled for February 28, 2011. I think that is entirely too far away, but my doctor isn't budging. So, just like last time I told him the girls would arrive on May 15th, and they did, I told him this time that I'd see him in an OR on either February 21st or 22nd. We'll have to wait and see who's right this time! :)
- Size of Parker: At 26 weeks, my little man weighs about 1lb 10oz (that was the estimate during our ultrasound last week) and is around 14 inches long.
I believe 'family jewels' is the proper title for this picture...
- Movement: Yes and no. I had been feeling him move a lot and kick really hard. Then, about 10 days ago I noticed that I was feeling less movement and that the movement I was feeling was much less intense. I called my doctor's office last Tuesday and they asked me to come in for an ultrasound to make sure everything was okay. The ultrasound revealed that Baby Parker himself looks great. No sign of infection or under/over nourishment. However, the ultrasound tech determined that I'm beginning to have too much amniotic fluid. Basically I'm measuring in the high end of normal. So, this could mean several things. One, Parker is going to be a big boy and my body is preparing his home for the next 13 weeks. Two, Parker is about to have a growth spurt in the short term and my body is providing more room. Three, this could be the beginning of complications involving amniotic fluid. If that is the case, I'll be monitored closely with ultrasounds and non-stress tests to make sure my little man is doing alright. There is also some evidence out there that gestational diabetes is linked to higher amniotic fluid levels. I did not have GD with the girls, but every pregnancy is different. I'll be tested for gestational diabetes on December 9th and we'll go from there.
There's already many miles on these sweet little big feet.
- Sleep: Sleep? What is that? No, in all seriousness I have good nights and bad. Last night was a horrible night (that you would find incredibly funny) so I'll share it with you soon. It had to do with one of my children already in the real world...
- Cravings: Lemon in my iced tea. Oh my goodness I can't get enough. Blueberry muffins, not just any will do. They must come from this little donut shop near my girls' preschool. Delish!
- Symptoms: My belly is huge. That's a pretty obvious symptom. The increased amount of amniotic fluid is the culprit and explains why I went from looking pregnant to PREGNANT!Achy back at times, but very managable. My left hip flexer has been acting strange off and on all day today. With the girls I had similar problems because they were pressing on nerves so I'm just going to sit tight and see if this gets better on its own. I'm starting to notice a little swelling in my nose and lips. My ankles are also swollen by the end of the day. I'm much less emotional these days. Praise the Lord! I finally feel like a normal person again. Whew! My appetite is increasing, but its already difficult to eat much at a time. I'm also having lots and lots of contractions. They vary between making it hard to breath and sending stabbing pains along my c-section incision from G & L. I'm planning to talk to the doctor about this because it is no fun, as all of you moms who have labored know far better than me!
Little arm and hand which I can't wait to hold and kiss about a million times!
- What I Miss: Cuddling comfortably with G & L. It always seems there's an elbow or something pushing on my baby belly. I feel bad for making them move so often, but its to the uncomfortable point now. I also miss how easy is used to be to pick something up while sitting! I miss being able to sleep on my stomach or sit with my legs together. I'm also beginning to notice getting out of breath when I'm up doing something around the house.
- Best Moment: Seeing our little man on ultrasound. The tech said he still looks to have big feet and long legs! Have I mentioned before that my husband's brother is 6'10'' and his sister was 6'4''. There's also some serious height on my side of the family too so perhaps the little guy's going to be tall. I was 24" when I was born so we'll see if he can beat that! :) I forgot to tell you guys about listening to his heartbeat at our 24 week appointment. Parker was moving so much that the nurse couldn't even get a doppler reading for long enough to chart (this was before the fluid problem existed). My stomach literally looked like popcorn was popping inside. The nurse was laughing so hard, as were we, and said she'd never had that happen so early in a pregnancy. Tall? Check. Kicker? Check. Football??? We'll see! And lastly, Lilly came to me yesterday and told me her tummy was hurting. I asked her to show me where. She put her hand over her belly button area and said, "Right der Momma, on my Baby Par-kah." So cute! Gab and Lil have told us recently that their backs and feet were hurting, and now their tummies are too. I guess everyone in my house is having sympathy pains!
3-D profile...Parker is looing to your left. See I told you he was already handsome.
- Next appointment: December 9th - Gestational diabetes test & routine measurements. If I've increased in size too much for the last 4 weeks, that will more than likely mean closer monitoring of this fluid issue. Life has taught me that healthy babies are nothing short of miraculous and that they all arrive on their own time while battling their own little quirks. So, if you're the prayful type, please pray that our little boy doesn't become too ornery on us!








HEY wow! I'm super honored!
ReplyDelete