Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Ornament Love!

This year we had 3 trees in our house with lots of fun ornaments on each one! We have a large live tree in our living room, a small pink artificial tree in Gabby and Lilly's room, and a small artificial white tree on our entry table. I decorate them all differently. Our red and gold decor goes on the large tree, pink and brown goes on Gabby and Lilly's tree, and all our special ornaments whether handmade or keepsake gifts go on our small white tree. Here you can find a picture of our special ornament tree from 2009. Here are a few new favorite ornaments added this year!

This is the ornament we gave out to family this year. Between Shaun and I we had many old CDs that we don't listen to anymore. So, I made a collage of pictures from our family photo session in November and made labels for each disk. Then Shaun drilled holes in the top of each and I hung ribbons. Green and cute!




This is the hallmark 'granddaughter' ornament Grama gave Gabby and Lilly this year. I'm trying to keep each one labeled so that when they leave the house (in about 35 years), they each have a box or two or ornaments to start their tree with!



This is the Goddaughter ornament Gabby was given. If you remember, Gabby's godmother is my sister-in-law Trisha who passed away earlier this year. However, I'm pretty sure Aunt Trisha has a little angel errand runner on earth still because Gabby had a few special gifts under our tree from her Godmother in Heaven. (Honestly, now that I'm writing this, this might be Lilly's ornament from her Godmother Aunt Cheryl. This is exactly why I'm labeling them as the years go. I'd go and check to see, but it's now 110* and July and all the decorations are in the attic. Mommy brain!) Either way, it is a fav from 2010!



Grama sent this special ornament to us to commemorate the pregnancy and upcoming arrival of Baby Parker!



And lastly, I wanted to document how I displayed the greeting cards we were sent this holiday season. This picture was taken early on. By the week of Christmas I was having a hard time finding room on the wall without getting the ladder! I desperately wanted to purchase or make a new organizer, but being big and pregnant with very little time as it was it just didn't happen. I have several ideas for next year though...



No comments:

Post a Comment