Thursday, September 30, 2010

dum dum da dum...


That's right! Someone's getting married...

MY BROTHER!

Start the presses folks! We weren't sure anyone could tame Jeff's adventurous soul, but we are so excited this beautiful girl pictured finally did! Michelle, we are so excited for you to be a part of our family! Shaun and I have said for years that we weren't sure Jeff would realize it (sorry little brother), but you were a keeper!

And, because I can't ever be brief, I have to go on...I met Michelle the same day Gabby and Lilly were born. It was wonderful to have her with us to share something so special. Here is 'Aunt Chelle,' as G & L have called her for a while now, with the girls in the NICU.



When my sister-in-law Trisha passed away earlier this year part of my saddness came from a very selfish place because I was, and in ways still am, devastated that my girls lost an aunt they were so close to. I was just heartbroken because I wasn't sure they were going to have a close relationship with an aunt like I enjoyed growing up.

Michelle joining our family is such an answer to my prayers. Gabby and Lilly adore her. Seriously, I feel guilty when she's around because they would capitalize on every second of her time if we allowed it. When we call 'Uncle Jeffy' immediately they ask to 'taco chelle.' (Very sorry Michelle if the nickname stuck!). And, because she will be moving here this December, we are so excited to get to spend time with her more often. I'm very thankful G & L have another wonderful aunt-to-be so close! (Trisha, I don't suppose you had anything to do with that right? That's what I thought! :) )

So to my new sister-in-law, welcome to our crazy family! We are so excited for you to officially be a part of our family!

And to my little brother, she's the real deal! Don't mess up because, like all the other people who marry into our family, we like her better! I love you, Jeffy!

Congratulations to you both!



No comments:

Post a Comment