Friday, October 1, 2010

Red Rival Rivalry

If you live anywhere in the Big XII region you know that the Red River Rivalry happens every year during the beginning of October and gives one of two states bragging rights for years to come! No matter whether you call it the Southern Superbowl, Red River Shootout, OU/Texas, or Texas/OU it is a blast! Shaun and I will be traveling to Dallas to attend this years match. We obviously are pulling for our favorite team to win. No, that's not entirely true. We are pulling for our team to beat the you-know-what out of some Longhorns! Gabby and Lilly won't be traveling with us this year, but they insisted on packing their Boomer Sooner clothes, as they call them, to take to Nanny and Pappy's house for the weekend! So, in the spirit of all things crimson and cream (and nothing baby poop orange colored) here are a few pics from our season so far!

Our Cheerleaders


View from the top

This is The Pride marching band, twirler, and 'funny guy' as Gabby and Lilly call him. He's otherwise known as the drum major.

Checkin' out the team during warm-ups. G & L enjoy the rap music a little too much! :)

Football is hard work!


Not easily to tire, this wee-fan cheers on our team all the way to the final whistle!



My dad, an OU football player himself back in the day, and me.

And, because this is a really random post, here are shirts I made and had monogrammed for the girls. I got my inspiration from Etsy!

These pants I had monogrammed for Gabby and Lilly say it all! (And yes. This is among the million reasons I love having two little bottoms to cover daily!)

And lastly, you know those annoying bloggers who go on and on bragging about their life and themselves? Yeah, I don't like them either. But you'll forgive me if I act like one for just a moment, right?

That's right. Section 5. Row 12. Seat 8 & 9. And in case you're wondering, that's right about the 45 yard line. Okay, unattractive bragging session over.

There's only one last thing to say...

BOOMER SOONER!

Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. I love these pics!!! Beautiful shirts, and the pants are adorable, too!

    We're huge Alabama fans over here. One of the girls' first baby signs (if you can call it that) was, "Touchdown, Alabama!" with their arms up in the air.

    The three of us dressed in our Bama tshirts for the first big game day, versus Penn State. It was so much fun to run a few errands that morning. And the girls are going to be Alabama cheerleaders for Halloween. I would really love for them to be something a little more cutesy, but we got these outfits as a baby shower gift, and I'm looking for any opportunity for the girls to wear them while they fit. :)

    I'm hoping to take the girls to their first game, maybe the spring scrimmage, next year. They'll be a little more than two, so I'm hoping they'll enjoy a bit of the sights and sounds.

    Oh, and SO JEALOUS of those great seats! :)

    ReplyDelete