Saturday, October 30, 2010

Halloween Festivities

We have been so busy having fun this Halloween! We've literally spent the last 10 days or so going to a new Halloween event just about every day! We've been to a Halloween carnival, Haunt the Zoo, The Storybook Forest, Pumpkin Patch, Trick-or-Treating in our neighborhood, and one more Trick-or-Treating outing to come tomorrow night. Mommy and Daddy are a little exhausted, but it was all worth it because Gabby and Lilly had a blast! Here are some pics from our FUN FALL!

Haunt the Zoo!

G & L loved the airplane...horrible pictures, I know.

Riding the train with Pa

This is Shaun and I. We've been trying to make a point to get pictures of ourselves every now and then. ;)

Storybook Forest

This is a fun event for young children. It has a trail that goes through the woods where kids trick-or-treak from little places designed like nursery rhymes. There was Sleeping Beauty, the Itsy Bitsy Spider, 3 Little Pigs, and so much more. They also have hay rides and games. When you are ready for dinner you can roast hot dogs and marshmellows in fire pits lit and maintained by the people who run the event. It was seriously one of the neatest, most kid friendly things I've been to in our area. And, I should mention, it is also budget friendly. Children have to pay $5 admission. You can buy all of your food there, but you can also bring hot dogs, etc from home and have a fun night for very little money!

You'll have to pretend Gabby and Lilly are in these pics. Their mother (yes, the photographer) got out there with no battery power in the camera. I wish we had pics, but there's something to be said for putting the camera away and just enjoying the moment!

Entrance

As you walk into the forest

Fire pit with hay bales and logs surrounding them

I'll have pictures of the pumpkin patch and Halloween night up soon! Happy Halloween Y'all!
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment