Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Things That Make Me Stupid Excited-October Edition

I gotta be honest and say that there just isn't much this season that doesn't make me stupid excited (other than it is practically November and I'm just now writing this post...)! Couple that with a serious lack of sleep and two sick babies, and I'm just gaga over everything! So, here goes!

The mom in me is stupid excited about this carseat fix! Ever since G & L made the transition to these carseats, we've battled them getting their arms out. It got so bad that it was happening just about every car ride. My super resourceful doctor's office told me it was a behavior issue and that I needed to stop the car every time they did it, discipline them, and restrap them in. Right! As if stopping on the freeway 18 times with a gazillion cars passing me by at the speed of light while I try to discipline my kids, again while ON THE SIDE OF THE HIGHWAY, is really any safer than just driving the 5 more minutes down the road to our stop. Knowing that neither option was a good choice, we set out to find a fix! My husband, the intelligent super saavy man he is, thought up some contraption that involved zip ties, poking large holes through the straps, and super glue (okay that last one was a lie, but like I said, I'm going on very little sleep here). And while I thought that sounded like I completely wonderfully, horrible way to fix the problem, I suggested we just put large diaper safety pins through the straps to prevent the girls from pushing the horizontal strap down and getting their arms out. And...ta-da! Problem solved! I'm stupid excited about it, can you tell?!?

Lilly showing us how it is done.

Stupid, excited fix!

I'm stupid excited over fall decorations! This is what our home looks like for Halloween!


This is our ghost tree, front door and spider wreath I made, cute witch sculpture and two pumpkins G & L painted; decorations on my bar, our front yard display; 'e' pumpkin I made this year and our mantle.

This next thing is not only stupid excited noteworthy, but life changing quite frankly.

How in the world did I ever live before having a Swiffer WetJet. I got it for my birthday (because I put it on my list if you must know) and I think it is like one of my ten most favorite birthday gifts! No seriously. I L.O.V.E it. I also made it a 'mommy-only' toy. You see I'm not one of those moms that tends to keep my kids away from everything. I figure it is their house too and they can learn at an early age to take care of things. This however is not for G & L to play with. I can just see my house being hosed with the liquid cleaner. So, to wrap up, stupid excited about the WetJet. Stupid excited about my clean floors!

Who wouldn't be stupid excited over these cute pumpkin dresses?!? My mom found them at Cracker Barrell (did you know they have adorable clothes for kids) and we just love them!


Not fall related at all, but still stupid excited noteworthy, is this perfume by Vera Wang. My birthday was a couple weeks ago and my girls got it for me! I just love it! However, I'll warn any of you that see it out and about and decide to take a whiff, it is strong when smelled right out of the bottle. When my girls (and their daddy who helped them pick it out) gave it to me, I thought he had lost his mind for about a minute. Trust me though. That first minute of uncertainty pays off when you smell like the glam princess you are!


And I've saved the thing I'm most stupid excited about for last. Surely you can guess what it is...

Yep, yep! I'm stupid excited that lime green was the color we saw inside our reveal cupcakes! I'm not sure about a name, nursery, or the biggies like how to raise boys. What I do know? I'm stupid excited to be expecting a son!


Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment