Sunday, October 17, 2010

20 Weeks

  • How far along: 20 weeks
  • Weight gain: I gained 2 more pounds during the last month for a total of 8.
  • Gender: That info is sealed in an envelope on my frigerator! Shaun and I don't know, but we'll be giving the envelope to my mom soon so she can make cupcakes for our gender reveal get together! They will have either lime green or purple icing in the middle. We can't wait to find out!

  • Movement: Yes. This baby is a mover. I've felt all sorts of movement really low. A week or so ago I told Shaun that either this baby was feet down (breech) or his/her head was going to come out deformed from all the head-butting going on. Well, our ultrasound revealed that this baby is indeed breech as of now. His or her little feet (which the tech said looked really big!) are literally pressed against my cervix. So, even though our little one is a mover, it has been hard for Shaun to feel Baby C. He has a couple times though and I'm sure lots more soon.

Baby C's big feet!

  • Sleep: Not a problem. Turns out that even if you are only pregnant with one baby and run yourself ragged, you get exhausted just like with twins. Who'd a thought?!?
  • What I Miss: Sleeping on my back, not fretting over how the girls are sitting, climbing, or playing near me, my somewhat normal looking belly button, being able to see my feet, and margaritas.

Baby from the front. I labeled the picture for all of my family out there who swears they can't tell what anything is. Baby C is measuring perfectly and estimated to weigh 10 ounces already!

  • Cravings: Fruity-tuity foods (can you say cherry limade from Braum's? DELISH!), french fries, cider, sandwiches.
  • Symptoms: I'm finally hungry, but can't eat much at a time. I already get a little winded when doing activity and talking at the same time. If you knew me when I was preggo with the girls you know that I couldn't hardly walk across a room without breathing hard. It is totally normal however. This baby is just already pressing on my lungs. This week is the first I've noticed my feet and fingers swelling. My blood pressure was also elevated a little (147/74) during my appointment. We'll watch it and see. Blood pressure seems to be my biggest battle while pregnant and from the beginning I've thought I'd struggle this time too. I'm also having lots of braxton-hicks contractions. These started around 15 weeks (again normal, but ridiculous in my opinion). They are pretty intense and make me thankful that I'm never going to know what a 'real' contraction feels like. I'll leave that to all you non-under-knife-going moms. :) And lastly, and most noticable, I am extremely hormonal and emotional. I know I keep saying that, but this is unlike anything I've ever dealt with. My poor husband is such a good guy for putting up with me. He gets several phone calls a day from me sobbing on the other end. It's weird because it's like I have a midday lull when the emotions take over. We both are leaning toward this baby being a boy simply because my emotions are way more out of whack that with G & L.
  • Best Moment: Getting to see our sweet baby during our ultrasound. Shaun feeling Baby C for the first time while on a dinner date celebrating my birthday. G & L patting my belly and saying cute things like, "I yuve you baby, k?"
  • Next Appointment: November 11th.

Profile of our little blessing. I'm a little biased, but I already think this baby is beautiful!

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment