Today was great! Parker woke up and was himself again! Woohoo! Seeing him run and play is awesome. Getting used to him fighting his sisters and being a little destructive is not as awesome! While the girls were at dance, Parker and I headed to the mall to make a return.
We went to Old Navy, but since Parker is technically too young to play with balloons, I didn't let him have one when the saleperson offered it to us
G & L had the same lunch today. I really can't believe there are moms out there that allow themselves to be short order cooks leftover warmer-uppers. Quite ridiculous.
Such beautiful faces they make at me all day long! Sweet girlies don't even know the meaning of a stink face.
I've tried really hard to establish routines during meal times. Most importantly, meals are a time to have converation, share about our day, and enjoy one another's company. They are not a time to be crazy or silly.
Second most important routine we've establish: Mealtimes are when we practice our best manners. I'm not sure what Parker will be like, but I certainly am proud of these prim and proper princesses.
You know another thing I just can't stand? Those moms who allow their sons to dress up in girlie dresses, heels, jewelry, and don't even get me started on the ones who paint their boys' toenails. I'm sure those boys are the farthest from happy! Talk about being confused!
It's a good thing we have to many places to sit in our house. I remember spending lots of time sitting on the counters as a young adult and it is truly something I believe shouldn't happen in the kitchen, especially when one's child is a toddler.
I guess if you do allow your children on the counters, the very least you can do is move any and all sharp objects far out of reach. And, equally important would be making sure any medicine that is kept in the kitchen is far out of reach of any sweet little one.
Our dogs are so well cared for these days! I mean they simply live the life of kings. Quiet house, no one bothering them, lots and lots of snuggles. Ideal, really.
Thanks for amusing me while I outline about 10 different reasons for DHS to make a house call. For the record, I loved all these phone pictures I took during the day today, but when I started uploading them I was like...Wow, kristy. Good parenting day. Balloons, playing while eating, sitting on counter BY KNIVES AND MEDICINE, and while you're at it, give animal control a reason to stop by too." Lord knows these are all too regular things in my house, but usually not in the same day... :)
On a serious note, here is our countdown frame and another frame Shaun received from my mom for Christmas. I'll be ordering pictures to go in it tomorrow! Ialso rearranged and added pictures to the wall behind this. I'm still waiting on a few more, but when it is finished, I'll show you. Before Shaun gets home. Hopefully. Maybe. Probably.
...












love it! The first pic i had to read three times i was so confused...BUT he HAS a balloon...lol (its late!)
ReplyDelete