Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Day 3!

Short post tonight...I heard from Shaun today that he is in country now. After several really frustrating attempts to talk to him, we finally got to chat around dinner time tonight. He has his address, but didn't have it on him at the computer cafe he was contacting me from. I'll pass it along to family as soon as I know it. He said the air base there is 4 times as big as Tinker and that the people living in that area certainly weren't roughing it! Yes, leave it to my hubby and I to talk about the living conditions of people in the middle east during our one conversation for the day. :) He said that when they were coming in to land and able to see the houses, he thought he was still in England because the houses looked like castles! Interesting...

Parker had Gymboree class today and then we ran a few errands before coming home for lunch and taking the girls to school. My little man seems to be getting sick though. He spent a good portion of the afternoon cuddled up in my lap on the couch. If you know Parker, you know that is extremely rare and not like him at all. So far his sleep tonight has been a little disrupted, but I'm going to give him a dose of Tylenol before I go to bed so hopefully his fever won't both him tonight.

Just to prove I'm not crazy (at least to those of you who haven't already formed an opinion...hehe) here is a picture of the sleeping frog I fondly call Shaun. Head burried in the rocks, feet straight up. I like to call this the head-stand sleeping position. Wouldn't you questions whether the silly thing is dead?!? He stayed like that long enough for me to go get my camera and take a picture. He was still like it when I left the room. These frogs crack me up!


The real Shaun's first email to me said he "slept like a frog" on the plane ride over there. :) I expected this because he was supposed to get one of the few bunks on the plane since he was crew chiefing it over there. However, he told me later that a young airman was having trouble so he offered his bunk to him. He's a good guy! And, knowing he could sleep like a frog aywhere, he didn't mind giving it up!

Here is a picture from our Skyping today. This was actually during the frustrating call. He is in front of a coffee shop and obviously drinking coffee. We are so thankful that this deployment won't be like the last one! He says it's very nice there and that if he has to be away, this isn't a bad place to be.


Okay, I'm off to take care of stuff around the casa. There is ALWAYS something to do!

No comments:

Post a Comment