Parker is either sick or milking a runny nose and missing his Daddy for all it is worth! I've been erring on the side of sick and have therefore been holding my (not so little) little man just about all day for 3 days now. Unless he's eating or sleeping in his bed, he's in my lap. I feel bad for him AND that makes is infinitely harder that Shaun is away. For example, we are out of dog food and I really need to go to the store to get some, but it is super cold here and quite frankly I'm not sure we'd make it to the store and back with the way Parker is feeling. I'm so not complaining. This is the deal I made and life I agreed to have. Ninety-nine times out of a hundred, it is an amazing life too. Since the past three days have been the exeption, I suppose we have 297 awesome days headed our way, right? ;)
Park on Saturday
Park on Sunday with all his most important things: "sassy, dink, momma, and banki-doo." It goes like this, "Momma ho me peas. Sassy, dink, and banki-doo!" Momma, hold me please. Paci, drink, and blankie, too. Pretty good for a {still} 1 year old, right? ;)
Caught you momma! Now put that camera down!
He did take 2 good naps in his bed during the past few days. Here is proof and you can see my big little guy sleeping in his toddler bed. He's made this transition so easy! We will be buying him a full size mattress and converting his furniture when Shaun gets home! *Tear*
Shaun is doing well! I get to talk to him most days via Skype. The Millitalk this is working out on his end due to unreliable wifi strength. He said work is either super busy or super boring and that the airbase is so busy it takes much longer to have things delivered/brought that he's used to. I'm speaking about fuel and parts people. No pizza delivery that I know of. :)
Pictures of Shaun's room...this is the heater and tv. Oooh. Ahhh. More like hot, hot, hot! He says the heater when turne on smells like it's on fire so he usually just freezes. Hopefully he'll figure out who he needs to talk to in order to have it looked at.
His bed. There are 4 beds in this trailer, but he doesn't have to have roommates because he's an NCO or something. Not sure. It is nice of them and all, but I'm not sure that is that big of a deal when you still have 4 beds in the room...
The girls are doing so well! They talk everyday about how they miss Daddy which leads to a conversation about how it will almost be their birthday when he gets home which leads to a conversation about how "pornadoes" come around their birthday (May) and how those are scary. So, to recap, our daily conversations go from missing Daddy, to their birthday, to tornadoes. Tornadoes are worse than daddy being gone so in a weird way, it's a good distraction. I guess... If my girls ever actually have to go through a tornado they are going to think it isn't such a big deal compared to the years they've spent of preparing and discussing how bad it will be. Again, maybe a good thing...
Here are a few pictures for you! The girls wanted to take a picture with me! Sign me up! I know those requests won't be around forever! Parker found Daddy's hat and had a lot of fun playing with it. And the girls kickedback on my bed and read a little book together. I miss Shaun so much, but if a girl had to be away from her hubby for a few month, I can't think of any better company! Love these sweet ones!
Also, side note, I apologize if these posts are misspelled in terms of missing out letters. We've been through 4 keyboards and ALL of them sometimes don't reflect keys that I press. I type quickly, but I know I'm not missing letters that often. Since so many keyboards have given us trouble, we are fairly certain it has to do with our computer. (We've had this issue since we first got this machine). I read online that Windows Vista sometimes has this problems...yes I have vista, I'm ridiculous, I know. Anyway we spent time this fall protecting our computer for viruses more than normally because of fonts and graphic design downloads I make all the time. Now we are upgrading our internet to help things along. The next step is putting Windows 7 on here. And, hopefully, sometime this year I'll be making the switch to a new machine...maybe even a MAC. We'll see. If I can get over the cost to replace my Photoshop CS5 software I might do it, which I realize is silly seeing how much a new computer might cos. **SEE, I just pressing the 't' at the end of cost 3 times and it didn't come up! Goodnight all! Pray for health for Parker and little warmth for us all. These e's really need to get outside and play and momma reeeally wants to just on the trampoline while they are at school! ;)











No comments:
Post a Comment