Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Day 2

Day 2 was normal and quite boring. Anything would be boring compared to day 1, right? There were no goodbyes or drama that involved crabs or frogs (or anything else for that matter). The girls went back to school and dance class for the beginning of the spring semester which they were over the moon about!

Shaun had about a day layover in England so we were able to skype and actually talk on the phone. More on that in a minute.

Shaun may kill me for this, but here is a little video I took of Parker and Shaun on Skype today. Shaun always sings Twinkle Twnkle Little Star to Parker at bedtime. He sang it over skype today and Parker asked him over and over to sing "Tinkle Sar" afterwards. He had no interest in talking really, but he wanted to hear Daddy sing. If you lst closelyto can hear him say 'tinkle sar.' :)




As for G & L, they miss Daddy, but are doing really great! We misplaced one of their blankets today and instead of choosing who got to sleep with the one we had, I told them I'd hold onto it until I found the lost blanket. I got other blankets like I do when I'm washing their beloved Banky and Buddy, but they said no to those blankets and OPTED TO SLEEP UNDER THEIR SHEET AND COMFORTER! Yes, this is huge. They are 4 years 7 months, and 24 days and have never had any interest in actually using their pretty comforter and comfy sheet set. This is big. Well our version of big anyway.

Okay, one last thing. For family or friends that care to keep in touch with Shaun. He has a Skype name and should be able to do that some. I'll know more in a few days. He also found an app that allows wifi calling and text messenging. It is called Millitalk. I'm not sure if it's available for Android, but its worth looking into. All I did was go to my AppStore. Search for Millitalk, create a username and password, and then it gave me a phone number to use. So basically Shaun can use his iPhone that is with him overseas and call me at the number Millitalk gave me and we can talk internationally over wife for free! This also works if he wants to call a landline, but it is no longer free at that point. It is a number with our same area code so tomorrow I'm going to see if I can call him from our landland on his Millitalk number. I think he will be charged that way as well, but for emergencies it's better than nothing. So, if family wants his Millitalk number or his Skype name, let me know and I'll get it to you! If you want to communicate with him through wifi and not be charged anything, download the Millitalk App. Isn't it amazing all the technology that is available nowadays??? It's strange, but the only way Shaun and I will communicate this time around that is the same as during his 2004 deployment will be email. Otherwise we will be Skyping and Millitalking. Neither were available before that was like a decade ago so I shouldn't be suprised, but still). DSN phones, I appreciate you, but I won't be needing you and your unrelible reception anymore. :)

Like last night, I'm off to fold laundry! Last night the Bachelor kept me company (and kept me cringing....oh my Lawd those girls get crazier everytime). I'll have to see what I can find tonight besides the cookies and creme ice ceam I bought today...

No comments:

Post a Comment