Tuesday, January 29, 2013

monday, monday

Today was kinda a superwoman day. I know that I'm not doing anything special or extraordinary by getting through each day and trying to make the most of it, but in some ways it is really building my confidence about what I can and can't handle. Now tomorrow I'll probably have a mental breakdown and my mom will have to talk me off a cliff, but today I'm soaring high!

So today...I scheduled the dog to get groomed at o'dark thirty in the morning which meant dragging all of us out of the house super early. We usually only have two mornings a week at home, and today was one of them. Thank goodness the girls want to take JJ to school for show and tell later this month (and I am determined to never be as embarrassed by our filth as I was at the dealership...the exception being about 3 paragraphs down), we made the appointment. There might have also been donuts involved...You really never know!

After we got home, the kids and I spent a lot of time outside. Barefoot. In January! It was amazing! We jumped on the trampoline, played in the damp sandbox (because damp, clingy, messy sand is THE best sand to play with), and built a house for the bugs who live in the ground. We built said house on the ground which is a little confusing, but my e's literally sat side by side and played together which is not only mind-boggling, but so sweet for a momma to witness. Picture proof too!

DSC_7591 edited lr

As Gabby was 'planting' this tree, she said, "And it's the biggest tree in the worrrrld!" How could I not include the biggest tree in the world in this post?!?

DSC_7586 edited lr

My sweet Lilly is always talking. The girl has a certain amount of words to use daily, and she makes sure she meets her quota and then some!

DSC_7593 edited lr

So, guess who gave me flowers today? Yes, I melted and since he instantly took it back and pulled all the fluffy parts off, I'm seriously happy I got the picture. I don't know. Maybe I'm getting soft, but I'm about to change my mind about receiving flowers. :)

DSC_7600 edited bw lr

What? I'm definitely not hitting things with this hiden tree limb. I'm playing peek-a-boo of course...

DSC_7628 edited lr

Hello gorgeous! She's always been beautiful, but whoa! This sweet Gabby girl is growing up so fast!

DSC_7632 edited bw lr

Sometime during our outside time I started picking up. Our yard had some trash that had blown into it and plastic sand toys broken so I started tidying up. This is the point in this post where I talk about poop. You knew it was coming. It's like a staple of conversation here at the 3 little e's. Ready for it? Topic: Poop. Spcifically: Dog poop. Woot. Woot.

Dear Mother Nature,
I get that you hate Oklahoma and all (and many days I can't blame you), but this little no rain business is really starting to get on my nerves. And while you may think this post is a little strongly worded, just be glad you weren't included in my last post because then I would've told you that the lack of rain is really getting on my bleepin' nerves. So, rain. Yes it is needed for crops and rivers and lakes yada yada yada. But what I need it for, which far exceeds in importance any of those other petulant concerns, is dog poop. See we don't scoop dog poop. Or maybe we do. I'll have to ask the mister. Anywho, all I know is between our sprinkler system and rain storms (and perhaps actual scooping done by my better half), we don't have a dog poop problem in our backyard. Until now. Of course. Because my husband/Dr. Doolittle/possible dog poop scooper is gone. It's not that I'm above doing this task. I just don't have the time. Or equipement, Or knowledge of really how to do such a task. And, who am I to remove perfectly good fertilizer from our yard?!? If those reason are satisfactory, please let me know and I'll supply you with more. Back pain? Allergies to dorment grass? Surely something will click and you'll understand that I can. not. scoop. poop. So, let's make a deal. Tonight or tomorrow let's have a storm. A big old window rattling, flash flood making storm. If I can make another small request, let's not include tornadoes. Sitting in our little dungeon with 3 children and 2 dogs (oh the irony) isn't something I want to do without the mister. Okay? Deal? I'll do my part and turn on the sprinkler system, k? Okay.
Sincerely,
Dog lover liker

PS-I really need to call the lawn fertilizer guy, but I can't until you do your part. I'm sorta all about sparing myself embarrassment these days and well, because of you and the dogs and of no fault of my own, my backyard is a little embarrassing.

Alrighty, now that that's taken care of, let's move on to faucets. Seriously titilating blog post tonight, right? Mother nature also has a role in this. I needed to use our garden hose tonight to wash off our back patio and rinse off our rugs. As I walk over, I saw the faucet was covered. Insulted in fact from severe cold so that we don't have broken pipes. At first I was a little perplexed about how I was going to get that little styrofoam box off and back on. However, lucky me, once I got closer I realized that my husband/Dr. Doolittle/possible pooper scooper has made it really easy for me to take care of this. So easy, in fact, it is covered with two white towels (I've been wondering where those were) and tied on very tightly with rope. So tightly in fact, that the breeze had already pushed it almost totally off. So...

Dear Dearest Husband,
Since I reminded you several times to get those faucets protected against the cold and since you so thoroughly did that for me, please know that if something does happen and our pipes break and gushing water ruins our belongings, everything will be fine. It will be fine because I'll just send a little ol' Red Cross message for you about a little emergency at home and when you get here, I'll have a nice little bed made for you out on the trampoline. Alright hun? I love you!
Sweetest wife alive, who never openly airs a gripe with her husband,
Kristy

PS-I really would have LOVED to see your face when I told you there was a chance of us having temp 30-40 degrees below our usually lows. I bet you felt so hot, like somene had put you inside an insulated box. Hehe!

I think that is all the Mother Nature ranting and husband critiquing I have for the evening. Here are some pictures!

It was hat day for G & L today!

Untitled

And picture delivery day...

Untitled

Untitled

And start the new chore/responsibility chart day...
(Please notice how I've conveniently given the responsibilities of feeding the dogs and fish to the girls. What is it they say? Necessity is the mother of invention...?

Untitled

And make your husband brownies day because while he may leave a little to the imagination when it comes to faucet insulating, he's freaking awesome in just about every other way! These will be making their way across the Earth tomorrow. I've heard it works. Let's see. First challenge will be keeping a straight face while checking the "does not contain anything perishable" box during drop off at the post office. Wish me luck!
Untitled

No comments:

Post a Comment