...something I always seem to be doing!
My little e's and I have been having a lot of fun since my last post! They got a train gingerbread set around Christmas and we didn't get around to doing it until the other day. It was a lot of fun! I love this picture! Their arms crossing each other while they work away is such a visual of how twins, or at least mine, work. No boundaries yet; no weirdness about touching another person. Sometimes when they get deeply involved in something, their little bodies work together as if they were still the one baby they began as. So neat!
Another night the girls and I made some scrumptuous cheese fondue after P was in bed. Parker misses all the action! I can't really do much when he's around because he's in to EVERYTHING (see below) so we have "big girl" time after he's in bed. This is Boston Lager Cheese fondue and it is delicious!
This is what Shaun will find in his first care package. Items include a few favorites like Munchies and Reese's peanut butter cups as well as about 20 drawings and letters the girls have made for him. They also thought he needed some tictacs sent his way. However, my absolute favorite item in this care package is the headband Lilly insisted we include. It is joined by a piece of ribbon so Daddy can do a craft while away. Thank goodness they did away with that whole "don't ask, don't tell" thing!
On Thursday we were Skyping with Shaun on my cell phone while outside. I was about to go in and check on dinner which was on the stove, when I looked up and saw this in the sky!! The kiddos were thrilled!! Who am I kidding, I thought it was super awesome, too! :) We watched it for a long time because I wanted to read what was on the side. On the phone Shaun was telling me that he had hired a hot air balloon company to fly a "Will you marry me again?" message. Of course I didn't believe him (and that wasn't the case ), but I did run in and grab some binoculars (which the girls have always wanted to use, but never knew we had until this day...now they are like a play toy). AND do you know what the side of the hot air balloon said 'Hot Air Balloon Rides 405-555-7825.' I actually did see the numbers, but had to read them to Shaun, over Skype, while in the Middle East. He wrote them down and now we have them. To the company flying this little mysterious hot air balloon around my neighborhood I say WELL PLAYED! If you allow little e's, as in 4 and 1 year olds, in your hot air balloons, I think we will be going for a little flight. Advertising money well spent.
Here's a picture of my sweet guys having a little chat! I'll post a video of them talking in a minute. :)
Don't worry, Shaun. JJ has more than taken your place in Lilly's heart while you are away. JJ says he'll be happy to let you have your spot back anytime you wish!
My sweet ones wanted to take a picture with me while on a lunch date with Grammie!
Lilly and I by "wereselves."
And then Lilly requested a silly picture. These girls have the picture taking thing down!
So Shaun showed me that he was growing a mustache while away. Obviously, I wasn't too happy about this. Parker, however, didn't need an invitation to join the fun. He was quite upset that I took away the marker before he finishd the oher side. Love this ornery, trouble-making little guy! I really ought to be a size 2 from all the chasing I do in order to keep up with his pace.
Today we spent several hours at N & P's house. Pappy made up fish, fries, and shrimp. It was delish! This is Parker helping Pappy rinse off the fish before it was cooked. I think it is such a sweet picture!
Okay, that catches me up mostly. I have a video and a couple more pictures that I'll post tomorrow. I also have my week 3 picture to post! Happy weekend y'all!













That balloon flew over us too. It flew so close to the ground we thought it would land on the roof of the building we were next to, we could see and hear the fire. Then we chased it on our bikes!
ReplyDelete