Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Monday Memo

The last one of these little memos helped me get through my day (margarita free I might add). So, in hopes of making it a tradition, here goes!


Dear Gabby and Lilly,

It is Mommy again. I know what you are thinking and you are right.You still haven't mastered the previous rules Mama created, but because of your superior intelligence, patience, and willingness to cooperate I think you can handle what follows.


Rule #6: Sweet girls, carseats are for riding in. They are not for screaming, growling at your sister and making her terrified, or pulling out pigtails and bows. Only misbehaved, loud, obnoxious children engage in such behaviors and I can assure you that my girls are not that.


Rule #6: Girls, Mommy and Dada know that you both love to read books. And you girls know that we love reading books to you. However, we do not love when the before mentioned books come flying across a room at our faces. Nor do we love when said books end up dropping on our noses or eyeballs. My girls are sweet and gentle and, even though you would never engage in such barbaric behaviors, we thought a subtle reminder might go a long way.


Rule #7: Daddy would also like your cooperation during diaper changes. He has experienced some...pain, shall we call it, from little girls who pick their legs up during a diaper change and flail them back to the ground. While this is a fabulous way to ensure you do not ever have any more brothers or sisters, Mommy likes Daddy's normal low voice and isn't fond of the high-pitch, squeaky one that he's had recently. A little understanding would be appreciated.


That is all for today, sweet lovies. I know that you are working very hard to control your little toddler desires. Mommy is also working on controlling her little get-me-outta-here desires. I think that these simple, clear rules will help make our lives quieter and Mommy's and Daddy's bodies less smashed and bruised.


Love,
Mommy







Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment