The girls woke up yesterday with fevers...again! 103* and 104* meant a trip to the doctor, not to MDO. So, we will try again next week! On a different note, they have a sore throat virus of some sort. Apparently it isn't the vaccines that have been causing the fever and irritability and it looks like we are close to over this. Yay!
Original Post:
I would like to have a conversation with the inventor of mother's day out, day care, primary and secondary education, and universities. I am just sure I would find myself speaking with a man because no woman, who had experienced motherhood, would ever invent such wonderfully painful institutions.
Gabby and Lilly start Mother's Day Out tomorrow. They will be going one day a week for 5 hours. They have lunch and nap there. I'm supposed to be getting errands run and basking in my freedom. Yeah right. How is that possible when 2/3 of my heart and soul is at Mother's Day Out?!? Like I said...a man, who really needed his laundry cleaned and ironed, invented these social institutions. Women know how crazy it is to ask a woman to be both a delicate human incubator and a mama lion, and then ask her to just find something to do and LEAVE HER LION CUBS IN SOMEONE ELSE'S HANDS!
I mean how do other moms do this? How do you just drop off 2/3 of you and have faith that everything will be okay? I mean, what if someone steals their lunch money? What if they get bullied on the play ground? What if a boy breaks up with them and their teacher doesn't know how to comfort them?
Okay, okay...so I'm being a little dramatic...
Surprise, surprise.
While I'd like to believe myself when I say that our girls are going to MDO in order to interact and socialize with other children, I know that it is really the first big step in a long journey leading to this mommy letting go. Truth: Gabby and Lilly don't need to learn to be away from Mommy. Mommy needs to learn to be away from Gabby and Lilly.
So, off we go.
Please pray that MDO goes well tomorrow and that my little lion cubs enjoy romping with the other wild things!
By the way, why is it that I'm the one needing to learn so many lessons? I went into this motherhood thing thinking I would be the teacher...


No comments:
Post a Comment