After my two hostesses and I got everything set up for our {stache} bash, it was time to have a little fun! I purchased stick-on mustaches from the party store in black, baby blue, and baby pink colors. By the front door I set out a bowl full of the staches with a note that said, "Grab a stache and join the bash." Of course that is the one decor picture I forgot to take. We always seem to have the best party guests and they were such great sports to join in our mustache wearing party!
Of course G & L picked light pink...I love Lilly's forced smile. She was saying through clinched teeth, "It's itchyyyy!"
Oh this will make good wedding slide show material one day!
Lilly wanted to take some photos during the party. I handed my camera over to her (which might seem a little crazy) and got in front of the camera myself! These poses were not thought up by Shaun and I. Apparently my little lady Lilly had a few ideas of her own. She told us what to do and we did it! This is what she got. Not too bad, huh? My camera is about half her size, but she handled it like a pro!
Lilly and Nanny...lots of people ask me how Nanny is doing these days. Does this tell you anything? :)
If I had no other photo of our stache bash besides this one, I could still be a happy photographer. The fact that Pappy put on a mustache, not to mention allowed himself to be photographed wearing it is amazing. I'm thinking he's either really loosing it or seriously loosening up in his old age! ;)
Even the youngest guest at the bash donned a stache for a photo! Shaun actually trimmed a big stache up a little bit to fit this little guy. You won't believe me, but he wore it for the longest time. Sweet Kasen acted like it didn't bother him at all!
I wasn't the only one getting scratchy kisses this day...
Lainey went for a blue stache!
Great Grandma got in on the action too! My kids and I are so fortunate that we got to celebrate this day with both sets of great grandparents from my side of the family. There were 4 generations on two sides of my family there to welcome Shaun home and celebrate Parker's 2nd. I don't think that happens too often and we certainly feel blessed. Two sets of great grandparents who gladly wear stick-on mustaches has probably never happened in the history of forever. These ggparents are just THAT awesome! Gigi and Grampa in PA, we are saving some stick-on staches for you for our next visit. We're pretty sure you are that awesome too, but the pictures will be the proof! Hehe!
All that mustache wearing and kissing made this little guy hungry! We served manly food at our mustache bash: burgers, hot dogs, chips & dip, fruit and veggies (okay we had some not so manly food too), and yummy fixins' like sauteed mushrooms and grilled onions for the burgers. Shaun did an awesome job cooking everything on the grill!
Not long after eating, it was time for cake and ice cream! My little man stood guard by his dessert table for a majority of the day. He kept saying over and over, "Yummy cupcake! Yummy cookie!" Needless to say, he was excited for this part of the day to arrive! Poor kid has a mouth full of sweet teeth I'm afraid. I just love his little expressions!
Because Parker loves blowing out candles so much, I bought trick candles for his party. Well, ironically, getting them to be trick candles turned out to be a little tricky. Daddy helped keep them going while I passed out cupcakes and goodies to our other guests. The top photo on the right shows Parker beginning to get a little hacked off at these candles that didn't seem to stay blown out!
Do you mean I get to eat it now? For real?!?
I think he ended up eating parts of about 3 cupcakes and 2 cookies, the icing part more than likely. And of course he had a scoop of his favorite treat..."ife ream comb!"
Our fun party people! In all seriousness, we had a great time celebrating with friends and family. Almost every family at this celebration was military, with the exception of a sweet mommy friend of mine. All these people were so good to check in on the kids and me while Shaun was away and I can't think of any others who I'd rather have around to celebrate with us. We are very blessed to call them friends.
After all our friends went home and only a few family member remained, the full bellies kicked in. There were several tummy aches and 3 super tired kiddos. This is sweet Lil cuddling with Daddy.
Kissing some more. I think these two sorta love each other.
Partying is hard work!
Parker wanted NOTHING to do with wearing a mustache during his party. BUT, three days later when the girls wanted to use a few left over mustaches to make mustache Easter eggs, someone decided to try one on for size. It's not exactly his color but he wears the stache well!
Happy 2nd Birthday Parker!
Welcome home Shaun!
Gabby, Lilly, and I love our mustache men so much!






















No comments:
Post a Comment