Parker Erickson, you are two! I can not believe it! It seems like just yesterday the nurse put you in my arms for the first time. You were beyond beautiful and I instantly knew what everyone meant when they told me I would love having a son. Biggest understatement ever! You bring such life, joy, and happiness to our family! God knew exactly what he was doing when he let us have you and we are so blessed you belong to us! Here is a little bit about our {little man} at the age of two!
- You weigh 32 pounds and are 35 1/2 inches tall. That puts you in the 93% and 71% for 2 year olds. Your percents are much higher when looking at only 24 month olds the doctor told me, but I don't have those numbers. The doctor looked at your shoes and feet and said "Oh my goodness! Look how big those are!" I kinda laughed and then she said, "Well, when you are on track to be 6'4" you don't have time to lose!" I've never been given a height projection at our doctors office before today, but if you end up being 6'4" anytime before you graduate, your daddy and I are in trouble. Clothing, food, discipline...we better get it together now if you are going to be that much bigger than we are! You wear a size 3T in tops and bottoms and some of those shirts are getting short in the arms already. You wear a size 7-8 shoe. Your sisters only wear a size 9 now at almost age 5!! We love you and love that you are such a big {little guy}. I wouldn't have you any other way!
- Your favorite foods are applesauce (aaaasaut, in Parker speak), pizza (zitza), yogurt (yuh-gur), and treats or dessert (teets & zert)! You love fruit, aren't big on vegetables with the exception of peas and beans, and love bread. You like to drink orange juice, tea (total southern child with your love of sweet tea), and milk (doke). You eat using a fork and spoon (or a foop as you call both utensils) and usually insist on a napkin (naakin) as well. Someone might think you had excellent table manners, right? Well, not exactly. Besides eating while in your booster seat, you enjoy throwing your food, feeding the dogs, and rubbing your plate on your head. Somehow the plate always has yogurt on it when you rub it in your hair. When I say I can't take my eyes off of your for one minute, I mean it!
- You are a talker! You say just about anything you want, will repeat anything, and make 5+ word sentences. The doctor has always been impressed with how early your speech developed and said she thought you were doing so great today as well! Here are my favorite things you say: I uv eww, I wanna dink o doke, OH MAN!, I sowwey, (I love you, I want a drink of milk, oh man, I'm sorry) and I always love when you are trying to say something really long like Tinkerbell go in der eat baa-baa (means Tinkerbell went in my room and is chewing up one of his sheep counters...he's always keeping on eye on her to make sure she doesn't eat any baa-baas). You are so deliberate and I can just see the wheels turning in your head as you come up with your sentence. I've always heard boys sometimes talk later and later born children also tend to speak later. Daddy and I always say that you knew earlier on you had to speak up to be heard in this family, and speak up is exactly what you do!
- You are all about running, climbing, jumping, and just about anything else that is physically active. You recently learned how to climb up our swing set rock wall in the backyard so now I get to hold my breath anytime you are outside. You love jumping on the trampoline and can now stay upright while the girls are jumping with you.
- You are starting to like coloring and writing. Again, I've heard a lot of boys aren't into this until later, but you see your sister do this literally all day long so it makes sense that you would be into that as well! You love for me to draw no-men and choo-choo-tains (snowmen and trains) with you while you color. You love markers and LOVE to see just how much you can get on yourself!
- You love watching TV too much! Your favorite show is Dora, but you also like Max and Ruby, Umizoomies, and Bubble Guppies. You bring me the "mote" often during the day and ask to watch a show.
- You no longer use a sassy to go to sleep at night or in the car. You sleep in a toddler bed and have since you were about 20 months old. Occasionally I'll find you asleep on the other side of your door, but usually you stay in your bed without any problem. Once daddy is home we are going to get you a full size bed and start making your room a big boy room!
- I'm not sure we will ever be able to take the rocker out of your room though! You LOVE rocking and reading books! Every night we put the girls in bed and then we go in your room, get your jammies on and then read books. Your favorite books are Round Round, Ca-piyer, Moo, and House (that's The Wheels on the Bus, The Very Hunger Caterpillar, Goodnight Moon, and The Napping House...no he doesn't use the whole name, but I'm impressed he knows so many by their names!). You would let me read to you for hours at night. You like to point out things you see in the book and you even know some of the words. You know all the crazy food the caterpillar eats on Saturday and you say "bu-fly" at the end of that book. You always say "dee en" when a book is over. It's totally sweet! After that we "tinkle-sar" which means Twinkle Star, but its what you call being rocked to sleep or to almost sleep some nights. We don't even sing that song, but for some reason you call it that and Mommy is more than willing to do it every night!
- You love going places and being in the car. You do not like shopping or restaurants. Well, I suppose you like both just fine, but you do not like having to sit for long and who can blame you.
- You love your sisters to pieces!!! One of the greatest joys of having you in our life is seeing the relationship between the three of you guys. There is nothing that makes me happier than seeing my babies loving on each other and enjoying being together.
I am so, so thankful for you little man! Any idea I ever had about being a mom to a son or about the kind of son I'd like to have one day is so far exceeding by you. You are simply the best little boy we could have asked for. I wish time would freeze forever because the past two years have just been amazing with you in it! But, since that isn't possible I can only wait with anticipation to see what is in store for you down the road. I can't wait to find out what you will like to do, what activities you'll enjoy, whether you will actually be 6'4"(!), and everything else that is coming in what I know is going to be an amazing little future. You are so loved!
Love,
Mommy
SPE-2 weeks old...Oh my word! He had us all under his spell from early on.
SPE-1 year old....I'm just now realizing that my son has had a faux hawk in all his birthday pictures. Too funny! I had forgotten we faux hawked his hair when he was a newborn too!






No comments:
Post a Comment