Wednesday, March 27, 2013

ZOO(M)!

A few days before Shaun came home the kids, Grammie, and I went to the zoo. Parker did and still does call it the ZOOM! With more excitement in his voice than I thought could ever exist. He sorta loves it there. We had not been since the fall so we were all excited! I thought it was going to be a really nice day. It was actually a bit on the cool and windy side, which would've been a bummer if we hadn't practically had the place to ourselves! Whenever my kids are in all day school and I have to do these outings on weekend days/holiday, I'm going to need meds. I'm waaaay too used to empty shopping malls and vacant parks and museums.

my 3 {zoom} lovers!
Can I just say that as a photographer I should probably curse cell phone photos or at least not rely on my cell for 75% of the candid shots I take, but that is far from the case. You simply can not beat iPhone pics for ease and efficiency!

Untitled

Grammie and Lilly

Untitled

Grammie and Gabby

Untitled

And for thoroughness, Gabby and Lilly!

Untitled

So the zoo technically doesn't have any cheetahs (or I'm too simple to know it and find them), but please do not tell these girls that. Believe them when they tell you that the spotted cat behind them in the following pictures is most certainly a cheetah. Most certainly it it!

Untitled

Gabby is all about animal print for her clothes and "designs" she makes so she was determined to see the zebras and cheetahs. I'm not sure she's made the connection between live animals and fur used in clothing. Please do not tell her this either. I think a large amount of un-knowledge might be the way to go in life! ;)

Untitled

Love this! See the tiger up there sun cloud bathing?

Untitled

2 outta 3 isn't so bad...I mean who can blame him
"You want me to sit up here on a log, with my back to a tiger and smile for you. Yeah, that's not likely, mom."

Untitled

My Lilly knows the sacrifices we must make for photos...she's always looking!

Untitled

My cubs!

Untitled

"Whoa, simba. Take 'er easy now!"

Untitled

The zoo{m} is almost as much of a park to "ride" animals as it is to look at them. If we make it to PA this summer I can't wait to take my kids to the zoo{m} there. Just a new zoo with different animals would be very exciting to them. Oh, and I totally love the sea lion exhibit they have!

Untitled

Our zoo has an incredible Children's Zoo area where you can play in water, pet animals, go down slides, and swing. Gab and Lil warn you about the swing, however. Just when you are feeling like a monkey going for a little ride on the rope swing, your sister zigs when you zag and Grammie snaps the "sisters" picture at just the right moment. This little gem (and a hurt finger) are the result. I'm not sure Lilly will ever get on that rope swing again. Gabby got up laughing and laughed even harder at the picture. Lilly still doesn't think it is funny.

Untitled

I made the blog! I hiked myself all the way up there to have a photo with my little ones. I'm glad I did!

photo (5)

My kids already have our next trip planned...snake house first (we saved that for the first zoo trip we take with Daddy because we know how much he just LOVES snakes), new sea lion exhibit, and new hands on marine life exhibit. Yes, there will be starfish touching before long. Woot!

No comments:

Post a Comment