My sweet, perfect, handsome, ornery little man turned two yesterday! We aren't having his birthday party until Shaun comes home, but there is no way I would let the day go without a little something special for the little guy who brings so much joy to my life!
The morning started out like most other mornings. Park has had a little trouble at night lately and I guess he was exhausted because instead of his usual nap at 1pm, he fell asleep on my bed at 11am. I was rubbing the back of his head like I always do and before I knew it, he was out! He slept almost and hour and a half before waking up in time to take the girls to school. After that, we had errands to run! He went with me to pick up his cake and a few other goodies. After getting the girls and getting dressed, we headed to Outback for dinner! We decided we'd make a tradition of it since that was the place we went last year for Parker's birthday and we even were sat at the same table!
This is my little guy before we went inside. I'm not a fan of yellow and certainly not in photos usually, but I love this picture! When I loaded all my pictures on my computer last night and saw this one, I was in love! A big smile that shows all of my little guy's cute teeth is rare! I just love him to pieces!
No, these are not the flowers Lilly picked when we were walking up to the restaurant. I swear this girl is going to make me go gray with all her flower picking. NO ONE die because there is no way I could bring my girls to a funeral service with all those flowers around. We'd be kicked out!
Let's see if we can jump from this bench onto that railing. Monkey see, monkey do!
Lilly and I while we waited for our food.
Gabby and Uncle Jeffy chatting it up about something. They either don't know how to take Uncle Jeff or think he's absolutely hilarious. It's always one or the other, nothing in the middle.
Parker doesn't sit real well at a restaurant. This is a picture my mom took of he and I playing while we waited for our food. If nothing else, this boy was happy happy on his big day!
And so were G & L. I let them have Sprite on special days like birthdays or when we go to the movies. She was chugging it down!
Umm, eyelashes. Oh man! My stylist actually told me she thinks the girls have double row eyelashes, or something like that. Basically they have super thick, almost like two rows on top and bottom. Whatever they have, they are pretty!
Gabby or Sister Mary Gabby. Shortly after this Uncle Jeffy put another napkin on her and she looked Muslim. Clearly they get their table behaviors from family.
The results of two napkins on Gab's hair. Static! Yikes!
My girls and Uncle Jeffy
Parker wouldn't give up the smile so this was Jeff's solution! These two look SO much alike it's weird!
After dinner we came back home for cake and ice cream! Parker LOVES Dora and I don't care one bit that Dora is a girl or that some people probably don't think boys should like Dora. Mine does and I think it's great! Plus, when my Dora-lovin' boy knows Spanish by kindergarten and your's doesn't, who'll be the good mom then? Hehe! We aren't having a Dora themed birthday party, but I decided to Dora it up big for his little celebration tonight!
Enough looking at this cake...I think if I just stand up in this chair...
I can scoot myself over to that deliciousness just like this and...
Success!
My mom found some Dora fleece recently and made him one of those blankets that has ties all the way around it. Again, it's pink. Wanna say something because I'm pretty sure my kiddo is going to be bigger than you any day now! ;)
Dora toys from Grammie! G & L LOVE these too!
"Wait, why haven't we eaten that yet?!? "
"Because we are waiting for Daddy to Skype us, P. "
"Daddy will understand! I don't keep this shapely figure by looking at cake!"
"Okay, fine. I'll play for a minute."
"I thought we were going to eat it. Why did you set it on fire and why are you guys all singing to me?"
"I think this little thing might be the prize...Oh yeah! Jackpot!"
Cupcake in one hand...icing vehicle #1.
Dora figure in other hand...icing vehicle #2.
That's the way Erickson babies do it!
Fun Fun!
Daddy finally made it! We skyped with Daddy, Parker tried to feed him "hum" (some) and we showed Daddy how P loves to blow out the candles! It was a great, relatively laid back day! I can't wait for his Mustache Bash next month!




























No comments:
Post a Comment