I have a lot of pictures to share from the past week!
Parker had his first visit to the dentist on Valentines this year. He did really great! Our dentist has TVs installed on the ceiling so the kiddos can watch a show while having their teeth cleaned. Parker's love affair with Dora saw him through this visit! Gabby and Lilly also had their teeth cleaned at the same time. I'm proud to say no cavities and a great report! The girls had their first x-rays done as well and we can see their permannt teeth! They will be making their way up soon (which means the "toothfairy" best get busy finding or making a pillow for the teeth)! I also survived the dentist by myself with all 3. Woohoo!
Are you sure about this mom?
Okay, I guess I'll trust you...
The one thing we did learn at our appointment is that our little man is going to have to have some extensive orthodontic work done. I've always known his mouth/teeth look just like my brothers (who had to have a lot of work as well). Well I asked the dentist about this and sure enough, he confirmed what I thought. Parker's top teeth are set in close, basically they are really narrow and he has a really high roof to his mouth. The dentist first told me he could tell Parker was a thumb sucker. He's actually not. He does, or did, take a pacifier when going to sleep, but since I had already explained to the dentist about my brother, and apparently this type of thing is genetic, he thinks that is probably the cause, not the paci. The sad part is that what he'll have to do isn't the type of stuff that they start at 12 or 13. He will probably start the process of expanding his top teeth/jaw by age 7. They do it before the bones completely harden and as the bottom jaw is also growing. It is almost exactly like what my brother Jeff went through. Sad, but Jeff has great teeth and alignment now and obviously I want only the best for my little guy.
However, I decided it was time to say goodbye to "sassy" as my sweet one has always called it. I took it away before naptime one day. I just told him we weren't sleeping with sassy and he said "Okay mommy." We haven't looked back since. He hasn't cried for it or given me one bit of trouble. I'm so thankful that this wasn't a hard transition for him! So...3 kids in big beds, 3 kids off pacies, and 3 kids who can put themselves to sleep (even though I still prefer to rock P!). I guess the last thing is potty training and then I'll feel like I'm over the big early year's hurdles. P sits on the potty a lot already and really tries, but we are still just practicing. I plan on actually training him this summer when he's 2 1/2. He shows signs of being ready now, but after my experience with the girls, I'm going to follow what I know to be true about this sweet kiddo and wait just a bit longer. Being a mom the second time around is so much easier! I just trust my instincts way more!
This is a video monitor picture of my sweet P sleeping on nap #1 without sassy. He's growing up too fast!
JJ isn't the only dog who gets attention around here. This is our new 4 legged Rapunzel!
Parker is still into writing! He wants me to draw "nomans" and "bas" all the time! Then he draws on their "bebos" which are belly buttons. He's just a bit crazy!
He LOVES his new train set! I love it too! It's the brand Brio, which I know nothing about, except that there are a gazillion different tracks and trains that work with what he already has. I'm planning on adding to it for his birthday and looking to get a train table for my little guy! Kids Craft makes an awesome one with a drawer underneath. I have my eye on it, but I'm not sure if I'll get it for him now or wait a bit. I can aready see this train thing getting out of control, much like G & L's Barbies and Monster High dolls. I swear those things are reproducing around here!
We (G, L, and I) were planning on a movie night last weekend. P decided sleeping was overrated and joined us. He was actually a good little addition. It's kinda neat being able to see the things our family is going to be able to do all together now that everyone is just a bit older.
I promise I do try to teach them manners, but I also promise that the minute my phone comes out for a picture while we are eating, all the manners go right out the window! Gabby loves her some Chick-fil-A and ice cream!
Keep shoving that in Lilly. Small bites are so overrated!
{almost} 2 year old cheesy squishy face...he's a pro already! It should make his 2 year pictures interesting.
"Hey guys! I only need 45 minute naps lately!"
"I know if I wake up, I get Mommy's undivided attention and we get to take more silly pictures. Muuuuch better than napping!"
"Plan backfired. No pictures or hanging out on short nap day #2. This was my punishment. The day after this (which was today) I took a 3 HOUR nap! Take that momma!"
After getting dressed this morning, this is where I found Lilly. Gotta love her!
We had pizza with Grammie today. What is it about the way kids eat? Sometimes it is just too cute!
So I know my generation thinks they have to document everything. Guilty as charged. But, what are our kids going to be like? Mine already stop all day long and ask for me to either take their picture or ask for my phone to take a picture of something else!
Grammie and Lil
Grammie and Gab
Parker didn't want to be left out, but I'm afraid we got photo bombed!
Whew! Glad that's done! I've been working on the setup for Parker's 2 year old pictures and I am so excited!!! I can't wait to show you all! Be on the lookout for them next week. :o)





















No comments:
Post a Comment