Thursday, February 14, 2013

valentines...i ain't got no time for that! oh wait, that's a lie...

Happy Heart Day! Sometime I will blog before 1am..   Valentines is one of my most favorite holidays!!! I think I love it because it is so low key. You can make it as big or as simple as possible and it is enjoyable! I have had both ways as you'll soon see and I just love it no matter what! Now that our little e's are part of our life, we always try to make it a special memory for them! They LOVE scavenger hunts. So we started a tradition last year of hiding their gifts and leaving clues for them. We also do a "heart attack" which is just big hearts all over their door to tell them different things we love about them. It's nothing fancy or big, but hopefully it is something they will remember.

This is the first Valentines I will be away from my love. In our 10 years together, through deployments and trainings, we have always been together for Valentines. Since that is not the case this year, I thought I'd share with you my most memorable heart day!

Shaun was visiting me from El Paso. I lived in crazy Waco at the time and it snowed on Valentines for the first time in many, many years. Everyone was super excited! Okay, so maybe it was only me, but judging from the decor in this picture, I wasn't the only crazy one who lived in that apartment! I'm sure other's were excited too! Seriously, I'm loving that 'Be Mine' doorway thing and the strawberry shortcake chair. We were awesome decorators!


100_0498

Shaun was taking me on a secret date that day. I was to have no knowledge about where we were going. That was all fine and dandy until my small town Yankee boy got us lost in downtown Dallas. I grew up there and after some intense persuassion, I convinced him to just tell me where we were going. He was taking me to the gallery in Dallas to go ice skating! On our first date I had told him I had always wanted to go on a date ice skating! Here I am! Obviously I had better skills back then. And waaay blonder hair. Whoa!

100_0505

Here was my boyfriend at the time. He was a hottie even back in the day!

100_0506 new

I'm guessing he was starting to get nervous about this time because...

100_0504NEW

...a few minutes later he pulled me to the middle of the ice and asked if I would marry him!!!

100_0511

Umm, yeah!!!

100_0510CLOSE

Oh my goodness we were cheesy happy that day!

100_0508

I was pretty much in shock. I was definitely NOT expecting him to ask me to marry him. Expected or not, it was the best Valentines Day ever! And since he and I both know he can't ever beat this one, we just sit back and enjoy Valentines day now. I went the comical route this year since we would we apart for Valentines. Shaun should get his 'gangsta' gift from me anyday now!

100_0507

As for me and my little e's, we are actually going to the dentist first thing tomorrow. I made cupcakes to take to their school for the afternoon. Then, Shaun is going to call and tell them they need to pick something up from the mall. We ordered a cookie cake for them. Sometime after that we are supposed to have dinner with Grammie and then I'm going to the gym to work off all the chocolate/cupcakes/cookie cake shake it with my zumba friends!

This is the box of cookies Shaun sent me! I'm not sure how I feel about getting flowers so he had to find something else to send me. My real Valentines gift (because I'm beyond spoiled) is a strand of blank pearls from the Persian Gulf and matching earrings. I've seen them! They are beautful!

Untitled

G & L's "heart attack!"

Untitled

P, too!

Untitled

The scavnger hunt cards...and the final clue does say 'stinky underwear!' I hear about  stinky underwear pants 59,000 times a day and know they will get a kick out of me putting it on the last card!

Untitled

This is what they have waiting for them! Can you tell the girls are Monster High addicts? Parker loves him some Dora and Mickey so that is what he gets! I'm excited for them to wake up!

Untitled


Happy Valentines Y'all! May your day be filled with proposals, heart attacks, chocolate, scavenger hunts, stinky underwear pants, valentine parties, and shakin' it whether with your sweetie, your friends, or all by your bad self! I know mine will and even given the circumstances, it is going to be awesome! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment