From time to time I take patriotic photos of my babies. These are from a session I had with GLP before their daddy came back home.
First, I had cadet hats embroidered to say "my daddy is my hero," "air force cuties," and "2nd in command." They I just gathered up Shaun's dog tags, foot locker, American flag, camo top, and dress blue tie to finish out the session. I'm in love with these photos! I know I probably shouldn't say that because #1 I took them and #2 they are of my own kids, but I'm saying it anyways. I. LOVE. THESE. PICTURES!
It's kinda weird to wonder if my son (or even my daughters) might choose to be in the military one day. Honestly, nothing could make me prouder, more terrified, or angrier. Good thing I have several years to get those emotions in check!
Even though I took this photo in such a way that it kinda looks like a tree is growing out of his head (interference as its finest), I still like it!
Love the next two pictures. Did not love all the time it took me to position my husband's dog tags so I wouldn't expose his SSN to the world through this blog and my photog website.
Green marker all over his leg...that's just how we do it!
Really, lady? A hat and a necklace? I'm more of a gym shorts and Nike shirt kinda guy.
This one isn't edited at all, but I felt the need to include it because just about all our session end with Parker very frustrated at me, totally done with our photo outing and watching Dora on my phone while I shoot non-face shots. He was holding my phone in both of the belly/dog tag shots above. Hey, you do what you have to do!
Gabby and Lilly are wearing quick little dresses I made them earlier this year. They've been asking for a dress without straps forever. I don't really think that's appropriate at their age, but I made them strapless dresses in two fabrics anyways. This one is for play/dress-up at home (or a photo session only in this case) and the other is beach-ish with Ariel at the bottom. We plan on giving that one to them before we head to Disney so they can wear it as a swimsuit cover-up. Strapless dresses outside the house need to wait another 20 years or so!
One last outtake...
Parker: Woohoo! Let's do exactly the opposite of what she's telling me to do!
Gabby: Oh my gosh! What is he doing?
Lilly: Keep focus. Look at the camera. Give mom a little smirk. You got this in the bag, girl!
One last outtake...
Parker: Woohoo! Let's do exactly the opposite of what she's telling me to do!
Gabby: Oh my gosh! What is he doing?
Lilly: Keep focus. Look at the camera. Give mom a little smirk. You got this in the bag, girl!
Shaun is trying to organize a few of these sessions for his friends who are still deployed. We are working to get in contact with their kids' guardians to see if they would let me take a few special photos for their deployed moms and dads as well. If so, I plan to get signed releases to share with you all. I can't think of a better way to say thanks to them for their service. I'll let you know how it goes! Thanks for reading! I can't wait to get some of these up on my walls!














No comments:
Post a Comment