Friday, March 1, 2013

{little man} photo session 2013

Parker turning two is WAY more than enough reason to have a photo session with my little e's. I mean taking photos in the fall, Christmas, Easter, back to school, Halloween and the occassional 4th of July and/or Thanksgiving is not enough! We must also do birthday pictures! This time I think we did them up pretty nice too! :)

We are having a Mustache Bash for Parker's 2nd birthday and welcome home party for Shaun. That was obviously the inspiration for this session. Styling a photo session has always been one of my favorite aspects of taking pictures and I LOVE it when my clients give over some of that creative power to me. (Photographers probably hate it when I go to them for family pics and don't do the same....)

Parker's Mustache Bash photo session!

2

Adorable mustache shirt was made locally by a lady I know who does fantastic embroidery work! The bow tie was made by a woman in Washington. You can find her store on Facebook. It's called the Ruffled Cupcake. I'm warning you now though...she mostly does hair pretties for mommies and girlies. It is dangerous! Suspenders, sign, and adorable child was made by me. Okay I guess I have to give Shaun a little credit when it comes to the child. The rest was all me!

3

I love color, but I also love the sepia pictures from his session. Something about a bow-tie,  suspenders, and sepia just goes together. 

4bw

Serious face. 

5


6


7bw


8

I also made the mustache photo props. I made them using dingbats, cardstock, and small dowel rods. He had pulled his 'spenders down by now. I love how they are hanging on his sides. It's so Parker to start taking the binding, fancy party of his outfit off to get comfy!

9

Most things that come on a stick I get to eat...

10


11

G & L are all about pictures lately so it is a blast to dress them up and put them in front of the camera! This is my Lilly girl.

12


14

Gabby does have some sass to her. I have no idea where she got it from! Don't you love these tutus?!? My mom found them at a fabric store after Valentines day for around $5! They were originally $25. Paired with these aqua shirts and headbands from Target, they made the perfect outfit for this session! G & L are already discussing who is going to wear what tutu and what headband at his party. When they were younger I would always talk about how interesting the teenage years would be when they would fight over clothes. Oh how naive I was! We didn't even made it to 5 before the bickering started!

15


16

I think this is my favorite picture of Parker with the sign! I spent a lot of time making it and I didn't know for sure how it would photograph. It ended up looking awesome! I'm excited to make a few more using white foam board and incorporating other elements as well. I need to get to the store and get a frame so I can hang this is Parker's room!

17

You wouldn't know by the photos, but Parker was really not into this session. He fell early on during our session and caught himself with his hands in a bunch of thorny twigs. Awesome mommy moment. We definitely made lemon aid out of lemons, but towards the end this is the type of looks he was giving me, when he would look at the camera at all. Dora, his fav, was on the phone just to try to get him in a better mood. 

18

I love his baby blues.

19a fb


20

I'm a new Organic Bloom rep and about to make my first OB order. A frame for this is what I think I'll order for myself first. It will look perfect above G & L's chest of drawers! I knew they'd give me good pictures (because by 4 they were quite skilled in the posing and taking photos department...they will probably never take a single photo of their children because I will have scarred them. But I can take pictures of their kids so I still plan on tormenting them with photos as well!), but I wasn't expecting something I loved so much! Funny thing is that often G & L help me edit. They will tell me they think something needs more red or less color or that the black and white option is better. Little entrepreneurs/assistants in the making!

22b

{little gals} and my {little guy}

all 3 collage

You outdid yourself Parker! You rocked those mustaches and this session! Let's do it again next month? No? Okay, but the month after that is May and I believe we have a Monster High themed session in the works. Not sure how I'm going to incorporate you in that, but you will be incorporated! Hehe!

P 2nd bday collage

Thanks for reading! 

No comments:

Post a Comment