Tuesday, April 2, 2013

We ka-yur eser ecks!"

This is the post which should be titled {an overwhelming amount of photos of one family's Easter egg dying fun}. It's long been known that I'm a failure at culling through my photos and only picking a few best, most favorite shots to post. The photos from our Easter egg dying fun is no different. There are a lot to say the least! And I'm still learning the ins and outs of my new lens (which is another post!). So for now, here is our crafting, hand-dying, glittery Easter egg dying extravaganza in photos (that are almost all in focus)!

Instantly Gabby & Lilly were all business. 
DSC_8715 edited fb

If I had to say a celebrity my girls are most destined to be like, I might have to say Martha...a really kick-butt, punk rocker kind of Martha. The punk rocker aspects of G & L is yet another post I'll have to share soon. Let's just say their style is anything but smocked dresses and Matilda Jane clothes these days...
DSC_8717 edited fb

Now you see the egg. Now you don't.
"What do you mean put them in gently? They don't make a cool splash if I do it easy."
DSC_8719 edited fb

"Yook at dat!" We hear this phrase at least 10 times a day!
DSC_8724 edited fb

Wait for it...
DSC_8726 edited fb

Hand-dying: step 1
DSC_8736 edited fb

He looked up long enough for me to snap a picture of the war paint he put on his face. 
DSC_8743 edited fb

When you repeat step 1 enough times, you get something like this...
DSC_8747 edited fb

"Okay, I'm smiling, but hurry because I'm busy here mom!"
DSC_8753 edited fb

"Do you see that green hand coming at me?!? Take the photo already!"
DSC_8755 edited fb

"They said each cup could hold 2 eggs, but if I put three in...well look at that! It sits on top and I can see it waaay better that way!"
DSC_8760 edited fb

Before long G & L had all sorts of egg dying techniques going on. Here is Gabby trying out dying each half a different color. 
DSC_8762 edited fb

Gab and Grammie checking out a tie-dye looking egg.
DSC_8763 edited fb

"Oooh." Love his little lips. For those of you keeping up, this would be step two in the hand-dying process: use a few more colors so your hand becomes a different shade of blue-green.
DSC_8766 edited fb

Airplane break..."Air pane! Air pane Daddy!"
DSC_8770 edited fb

"I appreciate you using the spoon old man, but my hands have got this!"
DSC_8774 edited fb

Deep in thought...
DSC_8777 edited fb

"A cack!" Somehow he missed that every single one of his eggs were cracked after he got done with them. I'm not complaining though. Last year he was throwing them so we are definitely moving in the right direction. ;)
DSC_8781 edited fb

Gabby still at work...
DSC_8782 edited fb

Egg making is serious business!
DSC_8784 edited fb

I caught them kissing a-gain!
DSC_8787 edited fb

Let me give this spoon a try...
DSC_8788 edited fb

"Personally I think I'll stick to putting it in my mouth." {cringe}
DSC_8789 edited fb

Parker with all of his eggs. He dyed and re-dyed for about 45 minutes before coming up with these beauties! 
DSC_8795 edited fb

And these beauties...This would be the final product of his hand-dying adventure. In all seriousness I love his little green hands! It all came off within a couple of days and he had much more fun and ease at dying eggs by loosing the spoon and digging right in. Mess is still a must around here!
DSC_8800 edited fb

Uh-oh! Parker, you pull off the teenage mutant ninja turtle/hulk look very well!
DSC_8803 edited fb

Even daddy didn't escape the mess!
DSC_8804 edited fb

Time to glitter the eggs...yes, you read that right. 
First you put it in the bag and shake it up...
DSC_8806 edited fb

Pull the egg out and...OOOH!
I absolutely love his expression!
DSC_8808 edited fb

"gi-were eck"
DSC_8812 edited fb

Here are a few of G & L's glittered eggs. They also made all sorts of designs and wrote names and pictures on other eggs, but those ended up at Grammie's house before I took photos of them. 
DSC_8814 edited fb\

And, as crafting usually goes at our house, the dye and glitter was not enough. Lilly asked if she could have a leftover sticky mustache for her eggs. Before long all the regularly dyed eggs had all sorts of silly faces and mustaches on them!
DSC_8820 edited fb

We had a blast dying eggs together this year! I always feel sad when I realize how much my babies are growing up, but it is activities like this that make me realize that with every phase that ends and whatever sadness comes my way because of it, a new one that is equally if not more exciting is just around the corner. They are growing up so fast, but so fun at the same time!

I know there are more pictures of Parker on this post than G & L. This was the first year he actually dyed eggs, instead of calling them balls and pegging them across the patio. If you'd like to see all the photos from Gab and Lil's first real time dying eggs, you can check it out here

No comments:

Post a Comment