Monday, March 28, 2011

SPE: 1 Month Old

How is it possible that my little boy is a month old already?!? I'm just in disbelief. There were a few days after we came home from the hospital that I was incredibly sad about Parker being our last baby. No, seriously. It was rough. My husband (who was done, dOnE, DONE having kids after Parker) even told me we could discuss the topic down the road. Well I've settled down some since then, but I still desperately want time to stand still so I can soak up each and every little thing about my little guy. I suppose God knew that the only way a mother could handle her child growing up was to make each and every stage as excited and wonderful as the last! To that end, here is a little about Mr. February.
  • Parker weighed 8 pounds 4 ounces at birth and lost down to 7 pounds 7 ounces five days after birth. By two weeks, he weighed 8 pounds 5 ounces. Five days later he weighed 9 pounds 4 ounces (that's 15 ounces in five days!) and three days after that he weighed 9 pounds 10 ounces. If you are keeping track, he gained 21 ounces in 8 days! I think it is safe to say he's a big (little) boy!

  • At 1 month we wears mostly 0-3month clothes, but a few 3 month outfits as well.

  • He was diagnosed with acid reflux. Basically he spits up a lot and eats all the time in an effort to soothe himself. He isn't a huge fan of his paci yet. His paci of choice is his Momma which means lots of eating. We started him on medication a few days ago and things seems better.

  • He is mostly breastfed as of now, but takes usually 1 bottle a day. I'm beginning to have a little trouble keeping up with him so he's getting a couple ounces of formula a day. Unlike with G & L, I'm so thankful to not be stressing out about it. Back then I shamed myself as the worst mother in the world for feeding my babies formula. Now, I feel we have the best situation going on: breastfeeding, bottle feeding, breast milk and formula.

  • Parker is getting closer and closer to holding his head up.

  • He loves his big sisters. He will turn and look their direction anytime he hears them in the room. He also seems ticklish...I know this because with all of their kisses comes bits of hair brushing across his face. He squirms and half smiles each time.

  • Parker loves his Mommy! He loves Daddy too, but he is a Momma's boy for now. Daddy says its an unfair competition considering I have the ta-tas and he doesn't...When Parker is really upset, all I have to do is pick him up, put his cheek against mine and talk lightly in his ear. All the crying stops. I have to admit that is the closest thing to having a superpower I've ever felt!

  • Mr. P has a sleeping schedule all of his own. He will usually cat nap (translation: only nap if being held) for 5 or so hours during the day, off and on between feedings. The other hours of the day are mostly eating and soundly napping while laying down. He has always been really great at night! He wants to eat every 3-4 hours and goes right back to sleep with no problem. Other than the 5 hours of being awake and sometimes fussy because he's so tired, he's been a pretty easy little baby!

  • Sweetest moment this month: Umm...there's no way to write about only one...seeing G & L with P, spending the first two weeks together literally holding him around the clock (he's always going to be my 'baby' and gosh darnit I'm setting out to spoil him rotten!), and bonding with him through nursing to name a few.


    • Happy 1 Month Little Guy!

      You've made it the best!



      Photobucket

      No comments:

      Post a Comment