From top to bottom: the sunglasses, that attitude, the bracelets, the rings, the lip gloss, and mommy's black wedge heels. Dee Eye Vee Ay!
Black Jessica Simpson kitten heels (I think!). Once again hijacked from Mommy's closet.

This sassy pink number is from Build-A-Bear's spring line. Like the bear stuffing store. They were stolen from a bear one of the girls made this spring.

Need further proof she is a shoe-a-holic in the making? Some days I allow the girls to open the newspaper and look through it. Well this picture was taken the first day they actually did this. I came around the corner to find my mini diva looking at none other than the shoe ads. She was saying to her sister "Oh sissy! Yook at dis one. Dat ones readdy bootiful. I want dat one. Oh sissy! Yooky here!" Not kidding.

And one last story that has to be included in Gabby's shoetopia post...Recently Grammie and I went to the mall and decided to go into a shoe store to look for the girls some summer shoes. This would've been the first time Gabby had been in a shoe store. I decided to run ahead while my mom finished up elsewhere so I ended up with all 3 kiddos in the store by myself.
Immediately when we walked in, Gabby turned into Carrie Bradshaw in a Minolo Blahnik boutique. She was all "Oh my goo-ness!" and "Yook at dese Momma!" and "I'd yike dis one." And that was before we got past the window displays. The poor saleman couldn't put the boxes back on the shelf as fast as she was opening them, looking, judging whether they were fashionable enough for her, and then moving along to the next box.
We finally made it back to the children's section. The salesman (a large, man's man kind of guy) caught up to us and said, "Can I help you find anything?" I totally expected both my girls to shy away and come hide behind me because that's what they do around strangers, especially big guys. And Lilly did just that. Gabby however, stepped up to him, craned her neck up as high as it would go, held out a pair of shoes and said, "I'd yike dese sank you."
I can't even write it without dying laughing. If you could have seen the look on this guys face... Next he asked if I knew their size, which I did, but Gabby said I didn't and when asked by the salesman if she'd like him to measure her foot, she said, "Yes, I sank I need it measured momma so I can get dese pecial shoes." I think my jaw was dragging the floor during the whole exchange. The salesman measured her foot and told her he was going in the back to get the right size to which she handed him another box and said, "dese too peas." LOL!
Let's just leave it by saying that this salesman earned him wages that day and this momma learned to never allow her oldest in a shoe store with a credit card or without close supervision! :)


No comments:
Post a Comment