Saturday, April 30, 2011

I'm Raising Royal Watchers

In case you've been living in the mountains recently and haven't heard the news, Prince William married Kate Middleton this past April!!! Of course I was obsessed with the Royal Wedding, but I had no idea just how crazy Gabby and Lilly would be about the whole grand event.


Here are Gabby and Lilly watching Wills and Kate get married.
(Yes I call them Wills and Kate. Is there a problem with that?!?)



We actually dvr-ed and Gabby and Lilly know that they can watch it over and over and over. How lucky are we?!?


A month or so after the wedding, the girls and I were at Target doing a little shopping. Sometimes I let them pick out a new book at the store. This was one of those days. After looking all around the Target book area, G & L hadn't decided what they wanted. I made the mistake of turning down the magazine isle and BAM! Our decision was made! They spotted a People magazine issue dedicated to all things royal, with the future king and queen adorning the cover. They pleaded with me to let them get 'dis book cause its reddy bootiful and it has a princessa on it.' I eventually caved and decided that I supposed the fact that they want to read is more important than what they choose to read right now. :)


This is how I found them a few minutes after we arrived home...


Oh, and just so I don't forget down the road, the prince and princess are actually known as Princess Kate and Prince 'Human' around our house. I'm not sure if it is hard for them to say William or what, but I've corrected thema gazillon tmes and it hasn't made any difference.


I wonder if Gabby and Lilly will get watch watch Princess Kate and Prince Human's son or daughter get married one day with their children??? Maybe my girls will still let me spring for t.v. munchies and a magazine or two when that time comes! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment