Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Sip & See

When Parker was a month old, Grammie and Aunt Chelles hosted a Sip & See for our sweet Parker. Apparently sip & sees are not heard of, much less common, around here. I grew up in Dallas and it was something people had often to celebrate second babies. Basically a sip and see is a come and go get together where people can 'sip' drinks and 'see' the new baby. I love baby showers as much as the next girl, but it is so much more fun when there is a newborn baby at the party to fight over! :)

Upon walking in...

We asked each guest to write on a note on a card for Parker to have one day. The cards had prompts on them like 'I hope you always...' and 'Always remember...' I really love how the messages are so sweet and know that Parker will appreciate them one day.



Our Sip & See was so much fun! It was a come and go type of get together which allowed me to really get to visit with all of our friends and family. We were very blessed to have so many people join us and meet our newest addition!

Handwashing Sign

Parker was such a trooper! I was a little worried he might become upset from being passed around all afternoon, but as usually he was just a happy, sweet boy the whole time!

Diaper Cake


We had lots of yummy food: fruit, mini-sandwiches, chicken salad, mini-cheesecakes, and yummy cookies! I have to tell you that my Aunt Monica and Cousin Holly make the cutest yummy cookies. Because the theme/colors coordinated with Parker's room, they made stars, airplanes and fighter jets, and snails and puppy dogs (snips and snails and puppy dog tails...get it?). They were adorable!

Here are a few pictures of our guests with our little guy! We are so thankful for all the friends and family who took time to meet Parker at the hospital and at our sip & see! It is great to 'do' life with yall!


Party Favors

I had so much fun making these! I designed HersHEy wrappers which looked traditional on the front, but listed all sorts of nutrition facts (facts about Parker) on the back. I was really happy with how they turned out!


Thanks Grammie and Aunt Chelles for creating this fun get together for us! We had a blast and will have wonderful memories for years to come!






Photobucket



No comments:

Post a Comment