My sweet boy is two months old!
What Mr. February is up to these days:
- Parker weighs 12lbs 14oz (80%) and is 24 inches long (85%).
- He has a FULL head of hair that just keeps growing. It is seriously long enough to cover his ears and has grown past his neck towards his back. We still do the faux hawk some, but I'm about to start having to put gel in his hair or something because otherwise it is just out of control! In the cutest way possible of course!
- Parker can control his head completely now. He's also can lift his head up and look around while doing tummy time. As long as he isn't left for long periods of time, he enjoys being on his tummy.
- Our little guy is still quite an eater! He eats on a schedule all his own...sometimes every 2 hours all day other times he goes as much as 5 hours between feedings. At night he usually eats around 10 and then not again until 3:30 or 4am. He is both breastfed and bottle fed. Besides still having lots of issues myself, he seems to be content with our little feeding regimen.
- Parker is a good napper. As I mentioned before, there is no schedule to his naps, but whenever he does sleep, he sleeps soundly. I think he's used to his sister making lots of noise and therefore nothing seems to wake him up! If he's ever really tired, but having trouble sleeping all I have to do is lay down and snuggle up close to him. He's usually out before I can get comfortable! As I said before, this little boy makes me feel like I have super powers!
- Parker smiles all the time! I remember having to wait until 3 or more months for the girls to smile, but with Parker he's been smiling in response to people since about 6 weeks. When he smiles I just can't help but think life is absolutely perfect!
- Mr. Februrary loves, loves, loves his sisters. He will settle down whenever they are around, smile at them when they are talking, and all in all give them unended patience when they are holding or playing with him. I've tried hard to let Gabby and Lilly really check him out and get to know him. They like putting on his wrist rattles, trying to get his socks and shoes on him, and helping me with baths (lotion, combing hair, putting on his diaper). I want so badly for our kiddos to have a close bond and I'm trying to just stay out of the way and have a 'anything goes so long as it is not hurtful and safe' attitude toward Gabby and Lilly's curiosity. So far, so good! Parker thinks so too! He would watch them for hours if possible!
- Our little man is overall the happiest, sweetest, easiest baby! Other than today when he was vaccinated and cried loudly, I can't remember the last time he really let me hear what he's capable of. He's crying is more of a pitiful little sob and even that only happens when he's hungry or ready to be swaddled to sleep (yes we still swaddle...all of our kids enjoy being baby burritos while sleeping!).

Happy 2 Months Little Guy! Mommy loves you to the moon..and back!



Oh my goodness! He looks so squeezeable!! Can I have him? ;)
ReplyDelete