Friday, March 18, 2011

Showered

Since this was our second pregnancy/third baby, Shaun and I didn't feel right about having a traditional shower. We were so blessed with amazing gifts when expecting Gabby and Lilly that there wasn't too much we didn't already have. Plus, we had a lot of fun shopping ourselves for our little man! Instead of a traditional shower, we hosted a gender reveal party last October and a Sip & See once our little guy arrived. And, if I'm being honest, those two get together were so much more fun than a traditional baby shower would've been! However, Shaun's office has a no-baby-is-born-without-a-shower sort of policy. They have the showers after baby's arrival so that they can meet the newest addition. So, when Parker was 2 weeks old, we set out for Tinker to celebrate with Shaun's co-workers!
I just love the irony of that banner underneath the big Air Force wings!


It was so much fun! I'm really learning to love laid back get togethers. The only absolutely terrifying part about all of this is that Shaun works directly for a 2 star general out on base. He and one other general are the creme dela creme out there, meaning they basically run the place. So, when I found out our shower was going to be held in his conference room I sorta lost it! I believe I said something to Shaun along the lines of "Do they remember we have two 2 year olds???"

This is G & L sitting at the gigantic Anaconda conference table. They ate messy pizza and icing covered cake in those nice, upholstered chairs. They spent the rest of the time playing in swivel chairs, running all over the stage, and trying to escape into other office areas (areas no one escapes to). They were actually well behaved, but blood pressure was a little raised you might say.


Yummy Cake!


We were showered with wonderful gifts! As I mentioned before I was really uncomfortable having a traditional shower. Around here it is common for expectant moms to have a necessities only shower for a second or third baby and I think that is in good taste. Luckily, our shower was just that! We received lots of diapers, wipes, body care products, and some cute outfits for Parker!

And before I go, I have to tell you that behind that table and curtain are huge screens. There are two of them and they go from ceiling almost to floor. Hey, I suppose there are perks to being the general of one of America's Air Force bases. Anyways, when Parker needed to eat Shaun took me into the room around the back of those screens. Basically I could touch the back side of them and was amid lots of equipement needed to run these conferences. Anyways, I sat there nursing Parker just sure that at anytime (they were having a conference a few minutes after our shower) they were going to raise the curtain. I could just see me sitting there, light shining right through me and the screen with my half dressed self in all its glory projected for all the v.i.p.s around base. It sorta gives me anxiety just writing it. Fortunately, that did not happen! I did however leave two boxes of diapers by the entrance to the generals office area which had to be quickly moved so that the bomb squad wasn't called out to investigate. You'd think I was new to this military thing, huh?


Thanks so much to everyone who helped have this special shower for us! It is so nice to know my husband works at a place that cares so much about our family!

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment