Happy Birthday to the love of my life! You have always been and will always be everything to me. Living this journey called life with you is nothing short of a blessing.
Since you are 28 this year, here are the top 28 reasons I love you.
1. You love me unconditionally.
2. You are seriously the best listener and do a really good job forgiving me because I'm not so good at listening.
3. You dislike facial hair just as much as I do.
4. You don't mind coming home to a messy house or a make-up less wife.
5. You like (or at least pretend to like) shopping for our kids, picking out nursery bedding, and Christmas shopping for our family.
6. You give the best back and foot rubs. Ever.
7. You're rough around the edges.
8. You do things like request a store bought cake mix with store bought icing on it for your birthday cake. You do this even though you know it is like telling me to ignore everything I believe about making goodies for my loved ones. And then when I do as you say, you tell me that you didn't want me to run myself into the ground making you something extravagant now that I'm pregnant.
9. One day at a time, you're teaching me how to loosen up and breathe.
10. You put all my electronics on charge every night. Its a good thing too, because otherwise they would never be charged.
11. You work so, so hard in order to let me live my simple little dream of being a stay-at-home mom. It is the single best gift anyone will ever give me during my entire life and for that I'm deeply grateful.
12. You make me laugh. And laugh, and laugh, and laugh.
13. Remember that time I sortof kindof maybe set a firecracker off by your eye? Well I love you because even though you will never let me forget it, you can now laugh about it.
14. You are dedicated to everything you do. I don't know anyone else who never misses a day of work or a college class. I mean seriously. To have married such a 'bad boy' you sure pulled a bait and switch on me!
15. You tell our girls they are beautiful. Because you are a guy, you'll never fully understand the significance of such simple words, but trust me when I say that one day at a time you are building their confidence and self-esteem in ways that I as their mother just can't do.
16. You are a Sooner fan convert. Boomer!
17. You know I don't like flowers and therefore don't send them to me.
18. You know frozen yogurt or carmel apple cider is much more my style.
19. There is still a little boy somewhere inside you. He doesn't come out so frequently anymore (thank the Lord), but when he does all I can think about is how one day I'll have a son turning 28 and I hope he's just like you.
20. You say weird words like 'acrossed' and 'crick' (creek). It still bugs me, but somehow over the years it has just become a part of you. That being said, I'm not giving up on correcting you when you say 'me and him.' Sorry babe. I woman must know her limits.
21. I love that it is so easy to come up with 28 reasons I love you. That's a good sign, right?!?
22. You eat the food I cook (even when I don't and tell you I'm going to go pick something up).
23. You do the dishes every night. That, my love, makes you worthy of saint status.
24. You don't hold it against me that because I'm the opposite of a touchy-feely person, I'm much better at writing these things instead of saying them out loud.
25. You stay up at night with me planning perfect, dream vacations that the two of us will take alone one day. You do this even though we both know it probably won't happen for another 10 years!
26. You get mad at me if I check on our girls at night without you. I mean seriously. That is so sweet of you babe!
27. You gave/allowed/let (not sure what verb to use) me another baby.
28. A little story for this one-The other day we were watching TV together and people were giving their opinion about how Prince William gave his fiance his mother's sapphire engagment ring. One comment was that the ring ought to be in a museum so it could be kept cherished and sacred. You then turned to me and in an irritated voice said, "What an idiot. He put it on his future wife's finger. I mean, isn't her hand the most cherished and sacred thing he'll ever hold?" And then I melted onto the floor in a big pile of ooey-gooey romantic mush. I love that you think a man's wife is cherished and sacred. And I totally fell in love with you yet again that day!
Happy Birthday Babe! I hope its great!
'You are the best thing that's ever been mine.'



No comments:
Post a Comment