We decided to have a gender reveal party to find out whether Baby C was a boy or a girl. Because we were finding out the gender so close to Halloween, we decided to ditch the traditional blue and pink way of having a gender party. Instead we decorated with green, purple, and pumpkins to give things a Halloween feel! Shaun and I went in for an ultrasound 10 days before our party. We had the ultrasound tech write the gender of our baby in an envelope and seal it. We gave the envelope to my mom a couple days later because she made our reveal cupcakes. We also arranged to have either green or purple roses delivered to Shaun's mom so that both of our mother's would know the sex of our baby. My mom called the florist once she opened the envelope. We did not know until the moment we bit into the cupcakes! It was so exciting and fun to share the moment with our closets friends and family!
Mommy and her Girls. The four of us wore black shirts monogrammed in green and purple. They said Mommy, Daddy, or Big Sister. Don't get confused here. Lilly is wearing purple because she insisted!

We had mostly food that I've been craving. It was delish in my opinion obviously!

We had a board set up where our guests could vote on their favorite boy and girl names.

Some of our guests

Sweet kiddos that celebrated with us!

The Sweet Table!

I loved, loved, loved the black pumpkins I painted for decorations!

Boy or Girl? It won't be long now!

Pictures of each 'team.'


The big moment!
I was the last person in the room to know. Apparently Shaun just ripped into his cupcake (see 2nd picture) and several members of my family used their toothpick to half the cupcake the minute we said go.

Kissy, kissy!

BOY!!!

We had so much fun sharing this day with so many friends and loved ones! Thank you to everyone who was able to celebrate with us! It means so much that you all are part of our lives!
What a special party!! Makes me want to have another just so we can have a gender party, too!! We had a huge group of people waiting for us at our house after our gender u/s, but now I wish we had waited to find out with all of our family, too!
ReplyDeleteI'm so sad we had to miss it! The table looked amazing with all of the goodies & I love the pumpkins! What fun the girls will have with baby brother!
ReplyDeleteThis is the cutest thing I have ever seen. EVER. :)
ReplyDelete