No pretty momma picture this week. This was at the very end of the day and I'm okay with it!
- How far along: 24 weeks
- D-Day: My c-section is scheduled for February 28, 2011. I think that is entirely too far away, but my doctor isn't budging. So, just like last time I told him the girls would arrive on May 15th, and they did, I told him this time that I'd see him in an OR on either February 21st or 22nd. We'll have to wait and see who's right this time! :)
- Size of Parker: At 24 weeks, my little man weighs just over a pound and is around 12 inches long.
- Weight Gain: I gained 2 pounds the last month for a total of 10. And, just so you know, that may be the last weight update you get! :)
- Movement: Yep! During the past two weeks this little guys has gotten strong enough for his little kicks to be seen on the outside of my belly. Looks like popcorn popping! I've also been feeling him on both sides of my belly at once so I'm thinking he might end up being a long little guy.
- Sleep: I've been sleeping okay. I mentioned to my doctor during my last appointment that at night I'm sleeping with my jaw pushed forward (totally random I know) and dealing with tension headaches because of it. He said that I must be retaining just enough fluid already to be causing it and that it is probably leading to me not getting quality sleep during the night. He is having me take Tylenol PM (which I can only take 1/2 a pill unless I want to be hung over the next day...how pathetic is that?!?) before bed to help me relax and sleep more soundly. Great news, right? Yes, but I want to know where the heck this advice was when I was carrying twins and not sleeping AT ALL!
- Cravings: Soup, cereal, and iced tea...still no serious cravings.
- Symptoms: My belly is huge. That's a pretty obvious symptom. Achy back at times, but very managable. My left hip flexer has been acting strange off and on all day today. With the girls I had similar problems because they were pressing on nerves so I'm just going to sit tight and see if this gets better on its own. I'm starting to notice a little swelling in my nose and lips. My ankles are also swollen by the end of the day. Still my number one symptom is being crazy emotional. I can and do cry when I'm happy, sad, mad, and I think even a few times when I wasn't feeling anything at all! I asked my doctor if this puts me at a higher risk of having problems emotionally post-partum and he said no so that's good to know!
- What I Miss: Cuddling comfortably with G & L. It always seems there's an elbow or something pushing on the baby belly. I feel bad for making them move so often, but its to the uncomfortable point now. I also miss how easy is used to be to pick something up while sitting! I miss being able to sleep on my stomach or sit with my legs together.
- Best Moment: Going shopping with Shaun over the weekend. We found lots of great little boy clothes. We also decided on bedding for Mr. P. Here is a picture. The picture doesn't do it justice at all, but it is at least my inspiration. His room will be done in dark blue, a little deep red, brown, and a few airplanes here and there. There might be a little green in the fabric, but my plan is to use the deep red whereever possible.
- Next Appointment: December 9th. I will be 28ish weeks along at that time and will be tested for gestational diabetes. Keep your fingers crossed that all goes well!





No comments:
Post a Comment