- I tell my kids every night that I'll be doing laundry in the living room just so I can get out of their room with less drama. They probably wonder why their princess shirts aren't ever clean since they have a mom who does laundry every. single. night.
- I secretly love when dirty sheets get pushed lower and lower on the washing priority list and never actually get washed until it is time to put them back on the bed. Oh how I hate folding king size sheets!
- I 'allow' my husband to do the dishes at night. I usually feel bad about it, kinda like I'm not fulfilling my duties as listed on my job description, but not bad enough to tell him to stop.
- I ate peanutbutter cookie dough before dinner tonight. Then, I ate just as much dinner as I would have without the dough!
- We have 7 rooms in our house. Five of them are tidied every night before we all go to bed. Two of them are lucky to be tidy once a month. (And don't tell anybody, but I'm totally okay with that!)
- I have regular conversations with my oldest about the difference in big boobs and little boobs, or 'yittle' boobs as she calls them.
- I can't stand our alarm monitoring company and get such a bad girl rush by refusing to pay them on time. I suppose I'm a one lady crusade against unnamed alarm company (until next January when they will be fired!).
- Vacuuming to me is almost as enjoyable as...sipping a cold margarita on a hot summer night. What?!? Did you think I was going somewhere else with that?
- I hate, hate, hate bandaids. Especially the kind with '2 princesses,' which means 3 princesses if you are my weird children. These bandaids are capable of turning an excellent day into total crap. Note to Johnson & Johnson: If you're going to make princess bandaids, make them all the same! Obviously you don't have a brain, but surely you people have chidlren!?!
- I'm a recovering control freak. It's been about 2 minutes since the last control freak thing I did.
- I really wish I could write a confessional post about my husband without being served divorce papers! :)
- I want to inflict bodily harm on people who ring my doorbell or knock during the day unannounced. I have two kids and two dogs. Do I need to explain anymore?
- I cooked an entire meal a few weeks ago while we had relatives visiting from out of town. When I went to put the homeade meatloaf on the table, it slipped out of my hands, crashed on the table breaking the glass loaf pan into a bazillion pieces, and floping glass shards into all the other food make it inetible. The most exciting part is that I didn't cry! I treated our guests to a delicious and nutritious dinner at Chick-fil-A that night.
- I'm really mean at night when my husband rolls and starts sleeping in the middle of our bed. I usually just kick until he moves, but occassionally I hiss at him, too. But, since he's such a sound sleeper, this will be the first he knows of it.
- I've spent about the last two months training our girls to get in bed with me in the mornings just so I can push my wake-up call from 6:00am to more like 7:30am. It was so worth it, but don't ask me how I plan to transition a newborn into this sleeping arrangement.
- I regularly question God and whether or not He got me confused with someone much more capable of rising to the call that this life requires (and not feeling the need to write a daily confessional). So far He's reassured me that He is in control and knows exactly what He's doing. Humph!
Enough confessions for one night. This little exercise was almost as theraputic as those times when I take a baseball bat to my matress. ;)


I LOVE this!! Also learned a couple of things: 1) I'll try and stick with plain bandaids as long as we can! and 2) Gonna use that laundry in the living room trick ;)
ReplyDeleteI'm really gonna think you're "supermom" when you start toting that new baby boy around with two toddlers!
(BTW: I have a sign on my door that says "DO NOT RING DOORBELL UNLESS YOU NEED A SIGNATURE ON SOMETHING!" Haha! Whatever works, right?!)
Oh my God, Kristyn, I could have written half of that myself, lol! Rainy still thinks bandaids are fashion accessories, and he's thirteen!!! I should take out stock. Hang in there, girl, we all have to!
ReplyDelete