Wow! It is impossible to believe another year, and decade, is coming to a close. I remember 10 years ago (when I was 16!) the world was in a panic concerning Y2K. It is amazing how much has changed both in the world, and in my own life during the past 10 years.
As for the world, we've seens leaders come and go, our world mourn and our country come together in ways only imaginable, endured two wars, faced financial drowning head on, and endured natural disasters that were the stuff of nightmares.
When I look at the big picture it overwhelms me immensely. I mean, for me anyways, it is hard to find the good in the big picture. The vision is too much, too overwhelming...
But, the small picture, that my friends is where my good is at.
My small picture, the one I've painted in my head and blogged about incessantly, is so much better than the big picture. My picture of 2009 is filled with visions of two sweet baby girls who turned into toddlers before my eyes. It is of two people who have worked hard and are ending the year in a relationship stronger than ever before. It is splattered with memories of first birthdays and trips to the beach, sandbox playing and cross country roadtrips. It is filled with friends made and new adventures embraced. It is about smiles, laughter, celebration, and love. It is an illustration that only something or someone bigger than myself or this world could have ever painted.
And that picture, in the spirit of New Year's Eve, that picture is bright, beautiful, and sparkly all over!
So, goodbye 2009. Hello 2010!
Two thousand ten, if you are half as good as 2009, its gonna be a real treat!
Thursday, December 31, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment