Friday, January 1, 2010

Annual Review: Mama Lion 2009

Another mother and blogger wrote today about her personal annual review. I thought it was a good idea and decided to write one for myself. Perhaps you might find a personal review for Gabby and Lilly (dictated by them of course) here in the next couple of days!

Things that I did well in 2009:

1. I started to plan menus for my family, grocery shop, and cook at home more often. I also started branching out and trying new recipes toward the end of the year.

2. My husband and I became involved in church. We had our girls baptized and are enjoying the other families we are getting to know.

3. At the beginning of 2009 I resolved to become healthier. Over the course of the year, I worked out some and lost 20 pounds overall. I know there is room for even more improvement, but that is at least a start.

Things I want to do better in 2010:

1. I want to try even more new recipes. I've found that when I get tired of the same old, same old we are much more likely to go out to eat. Just tonight I researched different recipes online and I'm thinking about trying 5 new ones over the next couple weeks. I want to continue to do this.

2. I want to become more involed at church by joining a Sunday School class. We've hesitated in the past because we didn't want the girls to be in the nursery all morning, but I think they are old enough to handle it. I plan on looking up different classes and visiting a few during January and February.

3. I want to spend more time wth my hubby. It is so easy to put him on the back burner and give my attention to cleaning, projects, or whatever else might arise. I'd like to change that. It isn't really feasible for Shaun and I to designate one night a week to go out. For one, we do like staying in some and, while Grammie is always willing to watch the girls, she has a life too. So, I think we might try to go out once or twice a month together and have at-home date nights two or three times a month.

4. I want to work out REGULARLY. I love Zumba, but I need to get back involved in regular cardio and strength training and let Zumba be a special exercise treat (if anything about exercise can be a treat)! That means I'll be dragging my behind up to the Y and retrieving a new class schedule and hitting the elliptical machine along with the other 18.000 YMCA goers who are resolving to exercise more.

5. I want to drink more water and, I can't even believe I'm writing this, stop drinking soda. I went almost two years in high school without drinking soda, but now that goal seems impossible! We'll have to see how it goes...if I can substitute sweet tea for soda, it just might work...but then again that just might defeat the purpose!

So, if a blog and typed words lead to accountability, this might be a very successful year. I'll give it my best shot 50% of the time!

What are you hoping to do better in 2010?




Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment