January - Self respect (13th birthday)
February - Dating/love (1st date)
March - Career (college graduation)
April - Marriage (wedding day)
May - Motherhood (birth of first baby)
June - Death (undecided)
July - Service (undecided)
August - Education (16th birthday)
September - Family (when pregnant)
October - Money (undecided)
November - Faith (18th birthday)
December - Living life to the fullest (high school graduation)
I've also added a button to my sidebar in case anyone is interested in grabbing it and participating. Copy the code below the picture and add it as an html gadget on your sidebar.
Please understand that I am still completely a rookie mom. And because my daughters teach me way more than I teach them, the letters I write will probably be a snapshot of this time in my life. What I will write is what I hope and pray I can teach my daughers. Having said that, it may also be about life experiences I've yet to go through or lessons I've learned the hard way, that I desire my daughters handle differently. I am as imperfect as they come so I ask that you be patient as I attempt to write out what I hope to teach my children. Perhaps I can consider it a trial run in preparation for the real teaching in the future? I'm sure it won't be pretty and might even be a little bumpy, but such is life and life is what my legacy is about.
Please join me if you'd like. I would love for you to leave me a comment if you will be participating so that I can read what you write as well. And obviously, if you have other ideas please feel free to do whatever is meaningful to you and your family.
Ultimately, our children are and will be the legacy we leave on this earth. And whether we leave them with 2 cents or $200 million, their worth is of no value unless they have value.



This is a great idea! I'm inspired.
ReplyDelete