Why so many trees you ask? Well the answer is comletely obvious! I'm the most dedicated Christmas participant. Well, not really. But I am the most passionate woman about my house being meticulously clean, tidy, and decorated. Hmm, not that either. Perhaps it is because I have endless hours to fill. HA! Not that either.
As I mentioned before, I'm not sure how it all came about, but I think it involved some impulse shopping at a local craft store combined with the ugly, little miss perfect (that lives deep inside me) rearing her obsessive head. No matter how it happened, it happened none the less. The result is a house that looks a little Martha. And, while I am enjoying all 18 of my Christmas trees, it is a bit much. Don't cha think?
Anyways, here is my parade of trees!
The is our family tree and various decorations. This year our family tree is decorated with white lights, red ribbon, and red and gold orrnments. Usually I put all of our special ornaments on this tree with all the fancy ones, but this year, once I had all the red and gold on it, I just fell in love with it and didn't want all the other ornaments on the same tree.
Not a great picture, but I couldn't figure out how to get a good picture without using my flash. So, imagine lots of twinkling white light, okay?
That brings me to tree number 2. Over the years our family and friends have given us many ornaments. We have 'just because ones,' expecting twins ones, baby ones, first house ones...you name it, we've got an ornament for it! I LOVE these ornaments so much and could not go even one Christmas without having them displayed. It is almost like talking a walk down memory lane everytime I see these special ornaments. Like opening up a scrapbook, but instead of a picture, an ornament for every major life event and every memory. So, because I had to have them displayed I decided to put all of our special ornaments on a separate tree. It looks something like this:
Here are some close ups of my favorite ornaments. If you've given us an ornament and don't see it here, trust me that it is on the tree! We love all the ornaments we receive!
All in all I'm very pleased with how things turned out. And while decorations have little to nothing to do with the meaning of Christmas, they bring joy to our hearts and smiles on my girls' faces. Christmas truly is a magical time!










No comments:
Post a Comment