Monday, March 26, 2012

What you don't know about me!

I'm not sure about the rest of the mommy-bloggers out there, but I LOVE to write the story of my family's life. I could write days and days about my kids and my husband. And, if I'm lucky, there might be a picture or two of myself here or there. What can I say? I'm the one behind the camera. However, I am a part of this little life we lead and, while I am incredibly less interesting than the 3 little e's, here's a little bit more about me!

  • I really dislike flowers. Not only am I allergic, but I just don't care for them. The first gift Shaun ever got me in an attempt to apologize and beg my forgiveness (ha!) was a kitchen aid mixer! And, let me just tell you, it was much better than flowers!

  • I love loud music and repeatedly get a talking to from G & L when they get in the car and have to cover their ears the instant I turn the car on.

  • I never put gas in my car until the tank is (sometimes completely) empty. Such a rebel!

  • I do not believe in the old saying 'all you need is love.' You can't have anything without it, but in my personal opinion, love alone isn't enough.

  • I'm addicted to Sweet Southern Heat Lays potato chips. OMG they are good!

  • I'm a military wife, but I'm soooo not a military wife as in I just don't do it very well. Remind me to tell you of the time that I called at 10pm and woke up my husband's colonel while she was at home. Its a good one (that actually doesn't involve my husband getting in trouble)!

  • Lately, I've really had the urge to teach again. Its strange, but who knows what God has in store, right?

  • Cooking is something I really enjoy doing! I just need all my little people out from underfoot in order to do a very good job.

  • Fingerprints on windows and furniture don't bother me at all. :/ Weird, huh?

  • The closer I get to 30, the more I like my life and myself. (Oddly it feels totally self-centered to say I like myself, but I'm pretty sure its okay...). I feel like I've been tested a lot lately in terms of my character, ability to be assertive, and willingness to stand up for myself, my family, and what I feel is right. This has been the case ever since becoming a mom, but even moreso lately. I always hear women talking about reaching milestones and gaining mental strength around the big birthdays (30, 40, etc). All I can say is that, while I'm not looking forward to leaving my 20s, if this type of self assurance is what comes with the 30s, I'll be one happy 30-something girl.

  • I really need to catch up on blogging, instead of writing silly posts such as this, so I can turn this blog into several books!

Anywho, these are just a few tidbits about me. I'm off to go spend some time with my hubby, one of the people in this world that appreciates all these tidbits and even a few more. ;)

1 comment: