Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Basketbowl & Purple Leaf

Shaun and I snuck the girls out tonight to go bowling and having some ice cream! We were talking last night about how much we love time with just our big girls and decided a bowling date would be a fun way to hang out with them! Its so hard finding time now that we have a little man, who's big, but just not quite bit enough to do all the fun things yet. Anyway, Grammie is very generous of her time and gave us an opportunity to get away while she watched the little man.

My gansta and poser ready for for our night out!

Bowling fun! We had bumpers put up and, after having severl balls stuck mid-way down the lane, got the help of this little ramp thingamajig so the girls could actually be successful.

Having said that, I'm pretty sure our girls would love any date night that included sprite and a snack. They never get soda. Like never. When they are sick or we go see a movie (which has been a total of twice in their life), they are allowed a little bit of sprite. So when I ordered a sprite tonight, they sucked onto that thing and didn't let go, pun intended. Shaun and I had a good laugh because we usually go through so much to plan a fun time for them when really they'd probably love a quick drive through the McDonald's drive thru for a Sprite just as much as whatever extravagant evening we have planned. :)

Our scores. And yes, Shaun and I were attempted to do well. I guess the bumpers didn't help us very much. Maybe we should try the alligator ramp thing next time too!

Then we were off to Orange Leaf, which G & L decided would be better if we called it Pink & Purple Leaf. Yea, I'm not even gonna comment. on that except to say I just love and their little brains to pieces! :)

Lilly wore that hat ALL night long!

Gabby didn't quite make it around her big bowl of frozen yogurt, but Lilly scarfed her's all down! I mean when you mix birthday cake, cotton candy, and red velvet frozen yogurt together and pile it down with Reese's peanut butter cups, sprinkles, gummy bears, and white chocolate chips, you gotta eat it all!

When we tucked the girls in tonight, Gabby said, "Thanks Momma for bringin' me on dat really fun date to the basketbowl and ice cream pace!"

And that my friends is reason enough to do it again really soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment