Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Gram wuz here!

Gabby, Lilly, and Parker's Grama came to visit us last week! We were so excited to spend a little over a week just hanging out and celebrating Parker's birthday.

DSC_3854 edited bw

We've also had ALOT of craziness around here. Our heater broke and since I've been waiting (have been waiting for 10ish days) for this guy I trust from out of town to give us an estimate. The first guy said we need a whole new furnace. Yikes! Thank God for this warm winter! We haven't even noticed it really. We have two portable heaters (that are complete safe I might add) that are working just fine during the night. I kinda got excited thinking about all the money we were going to save on our gas bill, but then I realized how much money we were going to spend if we end up having to replace our unit. :/ Of course, its hard to even think about the money involved because we are so thankful our house is still staning. The first guy who came out and looked at things said we are incredibly fortunate that our heater, with the problem its having, didn't start a fire! Thank God for a warm winter and no house fire!

The next bit of craziness happened last night. We were all playing at the park with some good friends of ours. Running, climbing, feeding ducks...the whole nine yards. I'd been sliding with Lilly when Gabby asked me to slide with her. So I did. And one our way down she sorta kinda maybe broke her foot. Seriously. We went to the ER this morning and were told that 1 out of the 3 xray films showed a hairline fracture on the top of her foot. We are off to the orthopedist tomorrow and will probably be the proud parents of a purple casted foot daughter. So that's warm winter, no house fire, and minor fracture for which to thank the big man.

By now, you can probably figure out for yourself why I've been away from blogging. I'll be back soon. Birthday pictures are almost ready to post! If only that darn pile of laundry was as fun as writing about my sweet family...

PS-Did I mention my hubby got into a super duper minor fender bender the other day? Oh yes. In case you are counting, that's 3 negative-ish things, but 3 things we are seriously thankful for the way they happened! And since bad things come in threes, our negative stuff is done for the year, right? Good or bad, I say bring it on!

No comments:

Post a Comment