no ONEderful party is perfect without a little decor...
Front door wreath.
It says 'what a ONEderful world!'
Mantal decorations: ONE letters that I used in his portraits, chalkboard frame, twigs I painted white and added snowflakes too, 3 snowflake picture holders, and the garland is made of a strand of white lights with scraps of all different color blue fabric tied on it.
The Dessert Table & Banner
Yummy cookies made my my aunt and cousins! They seriously outdid themselves!
'Ice pops' aka cake dots made by my friend Saradee. Trust me when I say they are as delicious as they are perfectly decorated.
'Ice cubes' made by Gabby & Lilly! They are simply regular size marshmellows dipped in light blue tinted white chocolate and embellished with a few snowflake sprinkles. Gabby and Lilly LOVED doing something for Parker's party! The marshmellows are sitting on a cake plate I order from Etsy. I just love it because the ribbon can be replaced to match any occassion!
Parker's smash cake made my me!
Parker's birthday plate. With a little help from Grammie, I painted this! My hope is to have it out on our buffet table for the month of February from now on!
Parker's winter ONEderland cake! I actually made this cake! I usually make cakes for my kiddos' birthday parties, but I wasn't sure I could pull this one off. I know yall won't believe me, but it was one of the easiest and quickest cakes I've attempted. The inside was white cake that I dyed blue and chocolate cake poured so it was zebra stripped when cut into. I'll post a picture of it in the next birthday post.
The icing is white almond flavored buttercream frosting. The blue on top of each layer is fondant as is the penguin and polar bear characters. The 'snowball' borders are mini-marshmellows! My friend who made the cake dots prepared several snowflakes that I put into the cake to give it a little something extra!
I made the top of his cake look like a snowglobe.
The hot chocolate and hot apple cider bar.
This is a banner of Parker's pictures taken in his rocking chair. It goes from 1 week old to 11 months old. It is so neat looking at how he's changed over the year! Luckily, the window in his room is the perfect length to display this banner so we can enjoy it longer. The snowflakes hanging from the ceiling are made out of posterboard and spray glitter. We hung large snowflakes like these throughout our house.
Pictures on the window ledge between our living room and kitchen. Even though the theme was a winter ONEderland, we definitely wanted to include pictures of our little man throughout. :)
I made cupcakes in short clear plastic cups and snowflake wrappers as favors. The little signs said 'it was ONEderful celebrating with you!'
More pictures and a little bear given to P from his great aunt and uncle. It matched the decor perfectly so we displayed it for the party.
Parke's birthday invitation, front & back. I also made these aiming for the winter ONEderland and picture theme. Of all the cards and invitations I've made for our family and for clients, these are my fav so far!
More pictures of the actual party to come!






















cute cute cute!
ReplyDeleteYep, sure did just get finished reading your entire blog. It was so cool to read your story and watch your kiddos grow up! I am so happy that you found me on Facebook. I can't wait to continue reading about those cutie pies!!
ReplyDelete