Saturday, March 31, 2012

Parker @ 13 months!

Thank goodness that first year of chair pictures is over! I do plan on keeping up the monthly updates until P is 2, just like I did for the girls. So, without further ado, here is what our sweet P is up to at 13 months!
  • You LOVE, LOVE, LOVE it outside! Recently it rained a lot and you were absolutely miserable indoors all day. You'd think that you were deprived of any indoor toys. You are also in love with cars! You spend most of your outside time climbing in and out of your sisters' FJ Cruiser Princessa cars. Two days ago you actually pushed the pedals down enough to make the car drive. I'm a little worried about that development. When you do venture away from the cars, you like to be bounced in the tampoline, swing, eat sand (and dirt or leaves or whatever else you find in the yard before I do), and play with G & L! You also LOVE the water and spend lots of time playing in the new water table Grama bought you for your birthday.

Hey y'all! Watch this!

DSC_5355 edited

  • You are walking everywhere! No more crawling for you! You can stand up on your own from anywhere and usually you take off! Your favorite game to play with momma and daddy is pushing/tackling. (Yes, I realize this is not the best activity to encourage.) You'll walk up to us fast and just throw yourself on us to push us over. You think its hilarious!

I still love those baby blue eyes! :)

DSC_5344 edited

  • You are done with bottles! You drink milk from your sippy cup and use a straw cup for your water. You are also trying to learn how to use a spoon. You aren't great at scooping up food yet, but you can take a spoon from us and get it and the food into your mouth. Quite talented my little one. Other things I've noticed you doing is trying to put your shoes on, trying to put G & L's headband on your head (because you are seriously secure in your masculinity...ha!), and trying to put lego duplos together. You are at a stage where you really want to learn how to do things! Its very neat to see your mind and abilities grow and develop!

Sweet P with Miss Gab

DSC_5320 edited

  • Eventhough you are a big one year old, you are still my cuddler. I get to rock and cuddle you at least once a day. You will lay down and go to sleep on your own, but you love being rocked by mommy so much that I just have to do it! If you ever need rocking during the night, only mommy will do. I only include this because you are in love with your daddy. All day long its 'dayday dayday.' But at night, its momma who you want. And I totally love that about you! I know that you might make a habit of this rocking business, but seriously, I can think of way worse habits! P, you might be my last little one so I figure I need to get all the rocking and cuddling in I can. I also have to say that there is something so neat about rocking this boy. He literally sprawls all over me, from chin to knees, tucks his head under my chin and his arms around my body, and dozes off. Its pretty much the best thing ever.

  • This month, you started mother's day out one day a week! You actually only go for about 2 1/2 hours, but it is nice to have a little time to do things I can't do while you're with me. Thankfully, your time at mother's day out coincides with when G & L are at preschool so momma gets a lil breather! You do really well at mdo! I was terrified of sending you because, as I've mentioned before, you are the most pathetic little guy ever during church nursery. I sorta thought you'd bawl your eyes out the whole time you're at mdo. But, as always, you suprised us and do fabulously!

This picture was actually taken on the 2nd day of mdo because I just knew after the first day I would need to pull him out of the program. I didn't want a picture if it wasn't for real. (Oh the things I occupy myself with! Ridiculous!)

First day of 'school.'

DSC_4975 edited

Walking, climbing, cuddling, rocking, toy playing, and school attending! You are one busy, busy boy sweet P! I love you so much baby boy!

No comments:

Post a Comment