Friday, April 30, 2010

Boot-Loose!

As Gabby and Lilly's birthday draws near I finally got the invitations sent out, petting zoo and pony rides scheduled, and other things planned out.

And, because 4,671,829 photos of my children is not enough, we went to a park recently and took photos of the girls in their red cowboys boots and denim skirts. (And it is possible I thought they were absolutely adorable!)

But, this post is about something relating to the birthday adventure that was not absolutely adorable. Shaun and I were holding the girls as they looked over a bridge at fish swimming in the water and geese passing below. It looked a little something like this:

And then, as if a huge fish jumped out of the water beneath us, we heard a loud SPLASH! We looked down and it looked a little something like this?

And after screaming to my husband What are we going to do? Take your clothes off, jump in and get it Shaun! What are you waiting for? (and getting the best Are you out of your d&$! mind? look in return), we decided to get off the bridge before any other article of clothing (or child) fell into the water below.

Do you know what a floating boot looks like? Did you even know, as I didn't, that a cowboy boot would float? It looks a little something like this:


Luckily, the wind was blowing enough to push the boot within 8 feet from the side of the pond/river thing. Then my mother found a long stick, which she gave to my husband who laid out on the ground, while my mother laid out too and held his feet, so that he could reach out and try to fish the boot out of the water.

And, although I don't have a picture for that, trust me when I said it looked hilariously inappropriate and a picture I would have really liked to have for blackmail purposes!

Short story long, after about 15 minutes and this Mommy having a serious rise in blood pressure, the 'boot loose' was rescued and all was right with the world!


Photobucket

3 comments:

  1. Ack!! Let me tell ya... that cute little red boot was worth the trouble! Love them - they look so cute on L&G! I can't wait to get some boots for my little cowgirls, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, my goodness...that is too funny! Kudos to your husband for heeding your "do something about it". :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The girls look adorable in their red boots...good thing they have a daddy who will do anything for them to look so darn cute! I would have been just like you...freaking out!

    ReplyDelete