Thursday, February 11, 2010

Twin Tattle Tale-ers

As the days past, our girls are becoming more and more vocal. I am shocked at how much they are able to say and communicate! Most recently, they have realized that they can not only get my attention for things like needing a diaper change, snack, or drink, but also to tattle tale. Now, when I found out I was having twins and began to think about what life would be like with two babies at once, tattle taling did cross my mind. I imagined that they would constantly be at each other with she did this, she started it, she's not my best friend anymore business. And I imagine those days are still to come.

Today, however, Gabby and Lilly have combined efforts and teamed up to tell on the awful, mean, no good, hairy, slobbery, farm animal stealing and eating dogs!

Our dogs don't usually mess with anything of the girls, but the busy farm animals made by Discovery Toys are a different story. I mean, the dogs are so addicted to them that I've begun to wonder if there might not be a little somethin' somethin' in these animals that make the dogs nut-so and the girls passionate enough about them to tattle on the dogs!

Anywho, the other day I was using the restroom with my trusty side-kick Lilly by my (you guessed it) side when I heard JJ (12lb pomeranian) growling. I yelled at him, unable to see where Gabby was. Then I heard Gabby crying, not a I'm hurt cry, but more of like a I want something or I need help cry. So I came out of my bathroom into my room to see what Gabby needed.

I looked to the left of the bed. No Gabby. The right. No Gabby. On the bed? No Gabby. In the pillows? No Gabby. Outside of the room? No Gabby. Wondering where in the heck the crying child was, I finally, thanks to some super sleuth detective work of my side-kick Lilly, thought to look under the bed. And low and behold, the was Gabby. After she had 'told' on JJ, she had taken matters into her own hands and crawled under the bed to rescue adored busy farm animal #1,256 from decapitation at the paws of canine. The problem: she got herself stuck!


Pitiful Gabby stuck...and because I'm that kind of Mommy, I grabbed my camera.

Look closely. Do you see the suspect with the beloved victim?

Recon mission

"I'm goin' in!"

We not real quick learners...

Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. Love Love Love it!! They are just too funny!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Too funny! We have somewhat started that sissy tattle taleing as well. I can hear Lexyn crying and aske what is wrong and all she says is "Sissy" while pointing at her. I can usually assume it is because Brittyn took her toy because she is a great toy thief! I have a question for you. Have your girls started constantly saying sissy, and needing to be right by them. I have just noticed the major dependence on each other this week, but when I took Brittyn to therapy, Lexyn and I went to the store. The whole time she was fussing for Sissy. I have heard that is twins and the bond they have, but I was just wondering if they are getting to dependent on each other or if I am just worrying about nothing.

    ReplyDelete