Monday, February 15, 2010

Twenty-one Months of Love

Disclaimer: Honestly since the sudden passing of my sister-in-law it has been really hard for me to get back to blogging about regular things. I just want the post I wrote about her to be the opening story for the rest of my blog's life. But, when I think about what Trish might want me to do, I decided she would probably want me to continue to share our lives with our family and friends. So, here is a post I wrote prior to learning of my SIL passing. I know it is late, but it is what I have. And, I'm planning on adding a favorite posts lists to my sidebar where the story I wrote about her will forever exist.


Actual Post:
To my amazement, Gabby and Lilly are 21 months old. Perhaps it is because of Valentines or perhaps just because I love these girls to pieces, I decided to write our monthly post in a different way.


21 Reasons I ♥ Gabby


1. I love your messy hair.

2. I love the way you say 'highschool.'

3. I love that you won't say 'amen' during nightly prayers until we bless 'highschool.'

4. I love that you enjoy lipgloss, perfume, and lotion.

5. I love that Legos are your favorite toys.

6. I love that you put on your scarf and picked up your lunch box and proudly told Mommy and Daddy bye-bye the other day. I love that you decided to stay with us instead!

7. I love that you want to play baby with Mommy and sister and don't mind that Mommy enjoys playing this game a little too much!

8. I love that you are cool as a cucumber no matter what situation you are in.

9. I love that you can answer most yes or no questions and give us your input.

10. I love that when you say water, you stick your tongue way out of your mouth to make the last half of the word.

11. I love that you will say 'water' over and over for Mommy's enjoyment.

12. I love that you are a Daddy's girl and that you insist on sitting with Daddy in his chair for the first 10 or so minutes when he comes home from work.

13. I love that you know what an iPod is and will point out any that we see.

14. I love that reading is still a favorite activity.

15. I love the way you run around the house all crazy-like when you are naked, right before bath time.

16. I love how, during your streak tonight, you ran to your little potty, said potty, and then pee-peed!

17. I love that you make sure sissy has everything you do: a seat, food, a cuppy, boots, everything.

18. I love that you aren't afraid to take risks, that you don't need anyone to show you how to use new painting or coloring stuff. I love that you are so secure with yourself.

19. I love that you are starting to be able to dress yourself.

20. I love that you are so willing to help pick-up.

21. I love that getting your back tickled it just about your favorite thing and that you don't settle for just any back rub. It has to be under your shirt. I love that you aren't afraid of telling anyone what you want!


21 Reasons I ♥ Lilly

1. I love that you are demanding and willful and that things have to be your way or no way. I suppose the apple didn't fall far from the tree, and while I know the uphill battle you have to climb given these traits, I wouldn't change you for the world.

2. I love that when you are feeling ornery, you stick your tongue out and say blab-ah-blab-ah-blah-ah.

3. I love that you say all /ch/ words backwords. My favorites are cotch (chalk) and pich (chip).

4. I love that you are obsessed with bracelets, rings, and scarfs.

5. I love that playing with Legos and cars is your favorite thing.

6. I love the way you come and ask me for chess (cheese, obviously).

7. I love the way you add an /s/ to every word you say: fruits, boots, cars, papers, paints.

8. I love that you sleep like your Dada: all over and so soundly a tornado could blow through and not disturb you one bit.

9. I love that for all the wild, crazy, extrovertedness you display at home, you really need Mommy and Dada when at a new place.

10. I love that with a pencil or crayon in your hand, you will sit and color for 30 minutes or more.
11. I love that you like to help Mommy cook and set the table.

12. I love that licking the beaters is something you enjoy. I especially love that you will bring the 'clean' beaters back and ask for 'mor.'

13. I love that when you smile or laugh, all 12 teeth shine brightly. I will love it in a few days when #13 and #14 make an appearance! (They finally did today!)

14. I love that you are a Mommy's girl.

15. I love that you still give kisses with your tongue hanging out. Daddy's wondering when you'll get through that phase, but I'm not concerned. :)

16. I love that when you see sister foldering her hands to say her prayers, you pull your hands as far apart as they can go and flash that mischevious grin.

17. I love your favorite food is fries, hands-down. (I don't love that Mommy gives in and lets you have them too often.)

18. I love that you don't love the TV.

19. I love that, if I ever loose site of you, I can always find you hiding somewhere with a crayon or climbing to get to Mommy's jewelry.

20. I love that you ask for a book each night as we tuck you in and that you jibber-jabber read yourself to sleep.

21. I love that you are learning to be okay with only holding Mommy's hand, instead of being carried.


Truth is I could go on all day about the things I love about you girls. You are wonderful, refreshing, and a little bit of sugar and spice that I get to enjoy everyday. But mostly, I love that while you are a gift from God, I get to call you mine for our time together!

Happy 21 Months Girls. What a love-filled journey it has been!

Love,
Mommy


Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment