This morning I took my laptop to Best Buy in a desperate attempt to recover the data on the computer. I have almost all of our pictures backed up, but do not have 3 recent months backed up or any documents on the computer. You want to know the sick part? I had an 8 gig flash drive in my hands to start backing up all non backed up files at the exact same time I dropped the camera. Sickening. But I digress...
Mr. 'I'm Josh. How can I help you' helped me at Best Buy. He asked for my name, addresses, phone, and problem. The following is the rest of our conversation.
J: Work phone?
Me: same as the other one
J: Employer?
Me: I'm a stay at home mom.
J: So, like, what do you want my to put in this box?
Me: ................(did he really just say that)
J: Like, what do you do? (Surely, she's just slow.)
Me: Well Josh, what do I do?
Me: Hmmm...let's see, I'm a doctor, nurse, and pharmacists, a booger picker, laundry mat manager, stain fighter, personal stylists and hair dresser, photographer and blogger, janitor and maid, human form of both valuum and perceset, motivational speaker and punisher, then there's always the few times I'm a prison wardon and beat cop keeping the house streets free of biting, hair pulling, scratching, and all other cat fight like behavior. I'm a personal chef and menu planner. I'm a bather and personal massage therapist. I'm a sewage treatmeant worker making sure the 'pipes' around here are up to par. I'm a garbage collector and the resident recycler. I'm a therapist and chauffeur. I'm both a horse and pig that gives rides all day long. I'm a technology user and abuser (clearly). I'm a hand holder and friend. I'm an event planner and teacher, spender and saver, sane mother and lunatic girl. And that's just the titles I've held today. There just isn't time to mention all the job titles I have at my other job: stay at home wife.
Josh: with blank face.........(No, she's not slow. She's just plain crazy.)
Confession: Truthfully I definitely did not pop off to Josh from Best Buy. Nor did I cover him with diarrhea of the mouth as in the above rant. You see, I need Josh to help me first and foremost. And, I know that 19 year old, technologically saavy Josh is just a phase behind me in the whole lifetime thing. I also know that before Josh realizes it he will be married with children and his wife will say something about all the responsibilities and pressure she feels day in and day out. And, at that time, Josh will say to her, as he said to me, "Like, what do you do?" Mrs. Josh will in turn say to him exactly what I wrote above and just might serve it up with a large side of slap in the face. So, for today I will let Josh continue to be naive for the days, months, and years he has ahead of him. For I am not the person
What I did tell him was that I was both CEO and CFO of a small investment firm in town call Twin Investment Corporation. I even elaborated and told him I was in charge of the two largest accounts at the firm and that I was responsible for ALL responsbilities involving said two accounts from 8:00 am until 5:00 pm. Mr. Josh from Best Buy was pleased with such an appropriate, in-the-box answer and I sortof kinda maybe didn't lie!
So, please pray that Best Buy Josh and his fellow technologically saavy employees can rescue my precious pictures and documents from my computer and that the road ahead of Mr. Josh isn't as bumpy and trecherous as I forsee. :)
The fate of my data recovery attempts will be known tomorrow. Hopefully regular blogging can resume at that time!
I'll leave you with a video of the day this Dada and Mommy left the Best Buy Josh world and entered the world we currently live in. I love this video because it is completely obvious how excited Shaun is and how I am totally done with being pregnant with twins. Please excuse the gigantic-ness and believe me that even though the large woman in the following video looks nothing like me, it is me...a planet sized, on baby-steroids version of me.


too cute ! for the video.
ReplyDeleteIm sure you would have been fully backed up by all us bloggers had you went off on Josh.
Blessings,