Since we can't sing Happy Birthday to Grammie in person, Gabby and Lilly thought they'd do it on the ol' blog!
Thankfully we were able to go to dinner and celebrate tonight! Gab and Lil made their first ever cake this weekend! They've helped me make cakes for a long time, but this was really their baby from start to finish. They cracked the eggs, stirred, and pouring into pan. I put it in the oven for them. Then, they spread icing all over it, wrote the word GRAMMIE (or GRHMMIE, actually) on the cake using a piping bag, and topped it with a few sprinkers

Grammie and the 3 Little e's! Lilly-P, don't get your hand in the special cake we made. Gabby-Gosh I'm trying to smile, but that cake looks beautiful. P-Maybe my jedi mind trick will work and she won't see my fingers getting n this icing because of the camera thing she's holding. I'll work my blue eyes. That'll distract her! Grammie-Umm, can we hurry it up here. The 3 Little e's aren't so little anymore!

Grammie opening her gifts. The girls made a piece of artwork each that I had turned into a titanium key chain. I also purchased white photo mats and the girls decorated them! This picture is Gabby's. Its an elephant covered in rocks. (My mom makes jewelry and recently took the girls to the rock shop she purchases all her fancy stones at. They came home with bags full and have been paintng rocks ever since!)
They gave us pirate masks and of course P was willing to try it out!
Yes, I donned a mask too (and gold coins, and beads, and rings...only later did our waitress realize it was Grammie's birthday and not the girls'. It was kinda funny!
Parker sure did enjoy his piece of cake!






No comments:
Post a Comment