Dear Sweet, Wonderful, Awesome Hubby,
Did that intro get you to laugh? Yeah we both know that's not my style, but I suppose on a special occassion I can act all lovey-dovey and affectionate. :) Can you believe we've been married for 8 years?? How the non-committal uppity college girl and the rebel without a cause, uniform wearing guy have kept it together, to say the least, for 8 years is beyond me. Whatever the way or reason, you are without a doubt the best blessing of my life.
For without you, my life would just be without; Without a bestfriend, without our three babies we've raised together, without a trash-takerouter (trust me, I've done it some lately babe and you are far more skilled than I am), without my own personal car detail man, without seeing a man every day in a uniform (and no girl should be so punished), without water on my bedside table at night, without wonderful conversation over a dinner (Melting Pot or Jersey Mikes...if you're the company, its gourmet), without a partner to see movies (and someone who will get Coke over Moutain Dew because if we share our drinkyou know how mad that makes me when I realize you ordered your favorite drink and not mine you just love me so), without someone to check on our sleeping babies with me every night, without dogs and fish and frogs and snapping turtles because we know I couldn't keep them all alive, without a beautifully kept lawn, without someone to dream about the future with, without a daddy to sign up for the Daddy dance during the girls' recital (oh, maybe this wasn't the best way to inform you...oops!), without someone to eat icecream with, without somone who still revs up my car engine (not speaking in metaphors here) occassionally and really tees me off, without someone to argue with passionately over ridiculous topics, without someone to enjoy a late night chips and salsa snack, without a protector, without an example of hardwork and dedication unlike any I've ever seen, without someone to cheer me on toward my goals and dreams, without a teammate, without a night dishwasher loader (no doubt you broke the mold on this one because I have friend after friend tell me you stand alone in your dishwasher loading skillz),without someone to grow old with, without someone to find my glasses when I take my contacts out before I realize my glasses aren't on the counter, and without a better half to ride the ups and downs of this life and all the adventures it holds.
If someone would've told me 8 years ago that by this point we would have twins who are almost 4 and a 1 year old son, a home, and a wonderful life, I never would've believe them. In fact, we both know I probably would've bolted when they said we'd have twins. HA! But seriously, you are so much more to me than you could ever imagine, more than I could ever say. I love you for all you are. I even love you for the fast acceleration on the highway, inability to put your shirts somewhere beside the back of the couch, and ambitions that drive us both nearly into the ground. It all makes you, you. And you are pretty wonderful!
I love you and I'll be seeing you soon!
Love,
Kristy
Oh, and lucky you, Jersey Mikes is not on the menu tonight! Only the Melting Pot will do for a celebration such as this! :)


No comments:
Post a Comment