Where to begin...
Last night G & L tried sleeping without pull-ups for the first time. I know, you are beginning to question what I believe is exciting and what actually is exciting to the rest of the population. But, hey. This is the world I live in. So...they did it! All night! No accidents. We aren't doing this because we want to really, but instead because we think Gabby is having some skin reaction to her 'poppers.' As a reward, the girls each got to put 2 warm fuzzies in our warm fuzzy jar which filled it. Once its filled, they get to pick something they'd like to do. It can't be a purchased item, but instead an experience like bowling or putt-putt. Gabby asked if her reward could be going to Disney Land. Poor girl doesn't realize yet that she was born into the wrong family for those type of rewards! So, night 2 is underway. I'll keep you posted!
Next up...Parker!
Not only did he say 'all done' today, but he also fed himself his entire cup of yogurt with a spoon! Can you believe that?!? He's been doing a lot of talking: momma (finally!!), dayday, hi, go, car and more recently ni-ni (night night) and dye-dye (bye bye). We've tried to use baby signs with him from early on like we did the girls, but he's never been too into them. Now I think I know why. He's just going to be a talker! I sorta thought he'd be that 3rd child that never speaks because someone is always around to talk for him. I think my P has realized that, in his home, he's got to make his presence known! :)
On to Gabby...two hilarious stories.
We had lunch today with Grammie. While eating, Gabby asked me who my dad was. This is how the conversation went:
Me-Pa (what she calls him)
Gabby-And Grammie is your mommy?
Me-Yes, that's right.
Gabby-So day was yike marryin?'
Me-Yes
Gabby-Grammie, why did you marry Pa?
Grammie's face looks a little panicky. FYI, Pa and Grammie have been divorced for almost 25 years...
Me-Well Grammie married Pa because she wanted to have mommy and uncle Jeffy.
Gabby-Ooh.
Grammie-Good save.
It was seriously so funny! I don't pull any punches with my girls about the topic of divorce. They know their grandparents on my side are divorced, but I figure the reasons why they got married and/or got divorced are best left for umm...quarter 'til never. LOL!
Next conversation with Gabby, I was changing Parker's diaper in the car. We have 2 seats folded down so I can change him really easily right in front of where the girls sit. Here's our conversation:
Parker-Come here baby. We need to get this diaper on you. Gotta cover up the family jewels.
Gabby-Why did you call his boy parts the jewels?
Me-.......
Grammie-Well, that's just something silly people sometime call boy parts.
Me-.........
Gabby-Oh, well my parts are the jewels too!
On another note, I've got to start watching what I say more closely!
And one thing about Lil...
Tonight she loaded the dishwasher by herself (kinda). She refused help from anyone, but of course we didn't give her things like sharp knives. Can I get an amen for kiddos that are getting closer and closer to the age where they can partake in chores?!? Momma needs some help! Lilly also went on a writing tangent tonight. Gabby writes too, but Lilly is really into it these days. She wants to write her name a bagillion times and lots and lots of scribbles covering page after page in notebooks. However, tonight she used her little ABC mat and wrote Gavin, Karina, Maks, and Sally. In case you don't know, the first 3 are Dancing with the Stars dancers and the last is our new baby pet snapping turtle. Yea, you read that right. Anyways, she just cracks me up with her intense interest in literacy, especially writing.
That about wraps up my Monday ramblings! Would you believe that my day began with dropping not one, but two raw eggs on the floor, finding out my car battery died for the second time in two days, and having to take up my errand running time sitting at Honda having my car battery replaced?
Well it did.
But, as you can read, what a full day it was...full of no accidents, lots of words, spoons, jewels, and Maks. And that my dear readers is totally good enough for me! G'nite yall!


No comments:
Post a Comment